Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Buy a ReplayTV DVR. Works with DBS and cable and has full ethernet connectivity. You can D/L the raw recording direct to PC for editing and burning. I have 3, one new retail, one new free after rebate and one $49 refurbished; all working great for over 2 years.

Phone line or ethernet for authorization and guide (phone bad, unless you are in a city with the info) ;) ethernet good and with the 5xxx series you can share programs, and I think charper 1's 4xxx will too. Plus commercial advance :D

Yes there is $12.95 or lifetime... and I have my Replays networked with 3 pc's (although Replay will only recognize 4 and the pc's emulate Replays)
I'm gonna split this off to chit chat or the gadget thread so we don't hijack this thread any more than we have :)

Just to add $12.95 for one unit, $6.95 for each additional. I also have 3 actual Replays and 3 PC that emulate Replay; all on a 108 mbps network. I really recommend having a minimum of an 802.11g @ 54mbps or BETTER to blast video all over the house. I recommend the Dlink DI-624M Super G with MIMO and the compatible bridges/adapters to run on the Replays if they are not hardwired.

Last edited:
Wirns: for folks with special programing needs
IVS magic: has interesting file sharing properties
ReVue: editing and converting for dvd authoring...
(I will use ReVue to edit out Super Bowl football content to only Commercials )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)