Archiving to Replays

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Buy a ReplayTV DVR. Works with DBS and cable and has full ethernet connectivity. You can D/L the raw recording direct to PC for editing and burning. I have 3, one new retail, one new free after rebate and one $49 refurbished; all working great for over 2 years.

Phone line or ethernet for authorization and guide (phone bad, unless you are in a city with the info) ;) ethernet good and with the 5xxx series you can share programs, and I think charper 1's 4xxx will too. Plus commercial advance :D

Yes there is $12.95 or lifetime... and I have my Replays networked with 3 pc's (although Replay will only recognize 4 and the pc's emulate Replays)
I'm gonna split this off to chit chat or the gadget thread so we don't hijack this thread any more than we have :)

Just to add $12.95 for one unit, $6.95 for each additional. I also have 3 actual Replays and 3 PC that emulate Replay; all on a 108 mbps network. I really recommend having a minimum of an 802.11g @ 54mbps or BETTER to blast video all over the house. I recommend the Dlink DI-624M Super G with MIMO and the compatible bridges/adapters to run on the Replays if they are not hardwired.

Last edited:
Wirns: for folks with special programing needs
IVS magic: has interesting file sharing properties
ReVue: editing and converting for dvd authoring...
(I will use ReVue to edit out Super Bowl football content to only Commercials )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)