Archos 605

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Does anyone know if the Archos 605 will transfer shows with the Dish 522 receiver hooked up with the usb? They are advertising it for only the HD receivers.

Surprised nobody has taken a swing at this question all day. So I will. ;) I have neither an Archos 605 nor a 522. (But I do have a 404 and a 625.) I believe if you go to the Archos website and attempt to enter your particulars for the Dish plug-in, you will find that it won't accept your receiver number. I suspect, but I don't know, that this is a policy agreement between Dish and Archos, and not a real technical impediment. Our receivers can happily upload programs to the PocketDish, so why not my 404 or your 605? Probably Dish or Archos or both think that they can encourage upgrades and make more money.

Last edited:
wont work. you can copy to the 605 via rca cables in real time. Most shows that I record, yes they are SD, wont transfer to my 605 which seems to be because of DRM. Really pisses me off. Probably would not have bought it if I knew I would have to buy everything new from cinemanow or whatever. I can rip dvds to go on my player but that is time consuming

It sounds like the older pocketdish models may be more compatible with all dvr receivers. I haven't bought an Archos or pocketdish yet. I do have a dvr 522 and will probably upgrade one day to an hd receiver.

I have a pockedish AV700 it will accept transfers with the USB from the 522 625 622 and 722. You would need a widget from the archos website, to allow media transfer to the 605. You could call archos tech support to finds out if the 522 is compatible.

It sounds like the older pocketdish models may be more compatible with all dvr receivers. I haven't bought an Archos or pocketdish yet. I do have a dvr 522 and will probably upgrade one day to an hd receiver.
Beware!! The 522 is USB 1.1 so a one hour SD program willl take 45 or so minutes. The 622 and 722 have USB 2.0 so a one hour SD progam will take 9 or 10 minutes. Just remember... no HD shows.

605 and HD???

Can I transfer HD content to the 605 or any of the newer Archos products? If not, I'll just have to wait until they have one that will. I do love my 7 series PocketDish! Anywho, someone keep us posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)