Are 4DTV's Good for Anything Anymore?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
Just moved to a HOA and have grouped tons of clutter together to sell. Got a 922 and a 905 I need to get rid of. While I can probably never have a C-Band here I can probably have a 1 meter Ku. Also going to be selling a non-working JVC DVHS deck, just needs new PSU caps AFAIK.

Looking at LyngSat I see that choice of music source switched to DVB-S2. So I assume they can still be received with a S2 tuner? Also where did SonicTap get moved to?

(Mods feel free to move my thread to WUT)

Last edited:
Well after looking around LyngSat and WUT I have decided to keep the 922 to use as a dish mover and for the couple of analog channels (which are great for getting one's bearings for satellite arc alignment).

Are there any ITC DCII channels still up? Is the 905 worth anything at all now?

I am thinking about selling my PCI DVB-S2 card to get a PCIexpress DVB-S2 card that supports more modulation formats, I would want to be able to get both of the two music services and NASA 4K.

I checked the deed restrictions, noting says I can't have a BUD, this may be a HOA but it's a old neighborhood probably developed in the 70's, there is no cable here so before Direct/Dish I'm sure many here had BUD's.

I haven't looked lately but there's still some DCII scattered around and some of the encrypted stuff will open up every once in awhile.
I have noted that the signal on the old X4 location went from 1 to 99 for a few hours on 900 but nothing seemed to be transmitted. Mode was ZK Clock which was off reset correctly and correct time was displayed on screen. No idea what is going on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts