Are all the black dish's now 1000.4's?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
My Mobile, Al install was on (110/119/129) and its the black one. In reading I see they had a 1000.2 and a 1000.4, then they phased one out. If I read correctly the 1000.4 is slightly larger, and now just takes one of two LNB's depending on the arc.

Just wanted to make sure I knew what was just installed.

Im pretty sure this is an example of what I have:

url

My EA install has a black 1000.2. I'd have preferred the larger one though. I'd have also preferred reception of the 77 satellite, but this works just fine, so I can see why they do it if it saves money.

When was yours installed? Mine was done this week, Im mainly trying to figure out if they phased out the .2 or they are still using them. Ive read conflicting threads.

Weird. I guess they are still using both, just seems odd.

Where the end of the arm attaches to the bottom of my dish is stamped, and just in reading it seems that is a 1000.2.

1000.2 are still used, depends on your area and what arc your pointed at. All my installs out of our office are .2 which are black reflectors.

Yep. We don't use the .4's any more unless it's necessary for a Latino package customer. That's the only programming on the 77 orbital with the exception of (I think) locals in some markets.

We use the .2 for EA and WA installations.

If you're curious what you have up there hit menu, settings, diagnostics, system status. Next to "Device" it'll say 1k2, 1k4, etc. Technically that just tells you the lnb you have up, and a .2 WA lnb WILL fit on a .4 reflector in a pinch.

The only problem with the new dishes is when the logo starts to fade. Also I can't help but wonder if the extra heat they absorb can warp the reflector more.

I have a gray 1000.2 and a black 1000.4.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)