Are any of these "free" or 99 dollar hopper upgrades being offered by local retailers?

I got my upgrade for free directly from Dish retention people. Initially Dish CSR asked for $100-$200 and I said no way, they transfer me to customer retention and they give me the Hopper and 2 Joeys for free plus free installation plus 3 months of free premiun channels. I have been with Dish for the last 6-7 years (in good standing)
If you are a new customer you should get it for free (may depend in your credit) if you are a
Current customer with an expored contrast, it will depend a lot in your status with them. Im not sure about how it works from retailers but I think they have to be linked with dish and should be similar treat. Good luck!

I was told free by two CSRs on launch date whom screwed up my order to 1H/1J no use of the words "no upfront costs". Then when I went and had my order fixed by a DIRT team member I was told that each hopper would be $100 each, and the joeys and installation would be free since I have DHPP. I read somewhere in that thread that one person did get their upgrade for free because of their experience with CSRs screwing up their order and each time requiring a later install date. I was expecting up to $495 to upgrade and I was fine with with the $230 i paid for 2 Hoppers/3 Joeys and two packages of screen cleaner for my TV sets. I wasn't happy that 2-3 I had call DISH and ended up paying an extra $25 for the HIC because the installers kept saying "you don't need it" and turns out i needed it to get DLNA working at time and to get internet to my Joey in the living room and kitchen.

Here are some advertisements, not sure if these are installers or resellers but anyways only one out of the two is offering a free hopper/joey set up with new customers.

I love how the "free offer ad" boasts about how the Hopper can record up to 2000 hours. Maybe if everything you record is in SD and only after the S209 upgrade.

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 108
Many would qualify for an upgrade to a VIP receiver or from SD to HD etc..
any receiver upgrade i've asked about will cost me a couple of hundred dollars and i am told it because of free premium movie channels i got a year ago. that does not sound right to me. i always pay before the autopay takes it out. got the top 250 and been with dish over 3 years. i talked to loyalty and they tell me the same thing on upgrade prices.

I don't think any retailers with current pay rates would ever upgrade any customer to the hopper system. For our office any existing customer calling to get it we say you sure can call 18883333473 . Our sales team is fully aware any pay rates vs vip gear is massive cut.

If customers come in looking for it direct to our office we will offer but try and see if VIP or DTV would suit them better and require they get 2 hoppers and 1 joey if they have 3 tvs with more then 2 persons or just send them to a small office down the street. The time and issues with hopper at the current time that we are sure will be fixed " Soon" will be a thing of the past.

My install from last night was a normal hopper grind if home was to be installed with 6 VIP my avg time would be 4-5 HR . The hopper system took over 9hr and the home was pre wired with 4 lines and ground line out to the roof and home runs to every room but one so only had to run one 30' line to second hopper.

I do like the hopper and think its a great system providing you dont use live tv much or get 2 hoppers if you need 3 tv's or more i just don't like installing it and every tech i talk to thinks is still needs alot of work as we are all getting hit with charge backs for having to go back to customers for system issues not install issues that could have been fixed over the phone.

I don't think any retailers with current pay rates would ever upgrade any customer to the hopper system. For our office any existing customer calling to get it we say you sure can call 18883333473
A million thanks for the on point answer!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)