Are Apple, Google, and Facebook killing America?

The author is a history bafoon!

His problem is with the fad of the day but if he examines history, fads of the day fads of the month and fads of the decade have been with us forever. Let's go back to my childhood when the hulu hoop and the yo-yo infected the minds and activities of every kid in the country. There were people like him who felt those toys were going to destroy American children.

Face Book is just another AOL, but tweaked to the present.

Google and Apple are nowhere near what Microsoft has done. In fact Google isn't really anything yet. The only place Google has upset the traditional cart is in the advertising business. They changed the game. Their search engine is to information as is the Dewey decimal system is in a library. Thank God that system has been updated. Their approach to advertising proliferation is to their media as was Radio TV RF transmission is to their media or what paper is to magazine and newspaper print ads.

If the loser companies can't compete then they need to evolve. Sorry if the author is upset because these successful companies make what people want.

Next time I want to know something, I'll look it up using Google. The author should go to his local library and hit the cabinet with all those cards and then try to find it in the indexes of all the books he thinks will contain the information. Good luck! :)

History continues to note how little was accomplished until particular technologies came onto the scene. Imagine where health care would be without the scanning electron microscope.

On the other hand, imagine how much fun computing could be today if modern personal computers had developed from the Commodore 64 instead of the early "IBM PC compatibles" (that were largely based on the CP/M machines that preceded them). It is almost a wonder that sound and graphics cards were ever developed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)