Are my signals OK? Please take a look.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drgonzo_42

Original poster
May 12, 2010
Owensboro, KY
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and a new Directv customer. I had Directv installed this past Saturday, May 8, 2010. My epuipment is (1) HR24-500 HD DVR and (2) HR24-100 HD receivers.

My wife and I rarely watch live tv (mainly we watch DVR recordings of our favorite shows and movies). In the few days since our installation we have watched a total of 5 recorded shows; all but one show were in HD. Every show we watched their was an occasional stutter/freeze/hiccup. It did not happen often and when it did it only lasted a split second. I have watched a couple of live broadcasts; sportscenter, nba playoffs, and a couple baseball games on MLBNHD and I don't recall any stutter/hiccups.

My question is could it be my satellite signal (which I have attached a JPEG displaying my signals collected this morning 5/12/2010)? Or could it be a faulty DVR receiver?

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• Directv_Signal_100512.jpg
    Directv_Signal_100512.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 313
Signal levels are just fine, actually they are right where you want them. The 0's and low numbers you see, are spot beams and shouldn't cause concern.

You should see some values on 103(ca) now that D12 is operational.

I wouldn't do anything to tweak the dish until after DirecTV gets everything working, D10 fixed and D12 settles down.

All good advice for you here, drgonzo_42. There will always be some anomalies in your recordings, but they should be rather infrequent and very short in duration.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)