Are *PRESEASON* NHL games blacked out on Sports Pack?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
nhl66pens said:
The St Louis Blues preseason game was blacked out in the mid atlantic last nite. I was able to see the NY Rangers - Boston Bruins game though. I think its silly to black out preseason games anyway. You'd think the NHL would use the preseason to entice viewers to watch the regular season. But, nothing the NHL does ever makes any sense in regards to publicity for the sport.

Your absolutely correct. I was listening to Home Ice on XM the other day and apparently the NHL could have paid the company running the NHL Network - similar to the NFL network - less than one million dollars to broadcast games into the US (I understand our good neighbor to the north gets the NHL Network). Even if widely picked up, any showing of hockey can only help. Heck teams are paying huge amounts for players (15 year contracts) you think they could all contribute a few bucks to get this network in the states. Sorry for the off topic post.

My only worry about the upcoming season is how many games will be in HD. I recently called customer retention to inquire about this seeing as Dish had uplinked 7 NHL HD channels earlier this month. I was told that "any game that is made available to us in HD will be broadcast in HD". How far do you think I could throw that rep? I told her I would be watching this closely at the start of the season. I'll have to watch the Dish side as well I guess.

Anyone know of a source that would provide a complete list being done in HD?

mechman

Last edited:
mechman said:
My only worry about the upcoming season is how many games will be in HD. mechman

Good news for us, at least yhose of us in Florida Panther country. Their opening night game against the Bruins will be telecast on channel 96, in HD. My program guide also shows it being on channel 95 as a national game. The game is also listed in the CI package on channel 766. Looks like we will see some CI games in HD this season. Plus the games that HDNET will carry, they start with the St. Louis Blues @ Los Angeles Kings game, next Saturday night.

Just hope they give us some of those CBC Hockey Night IN Canada games, in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts