Are the days of moving over

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I've been a mover. Twice now. Even bought an extra large dish to get the 61.5 with no rain fade when it had the Boston networks on CONUS, not to mention the Red Sox.

After starting with VOOM for HD when it first came out, going to the Boston nets, when available, and then switching to the Denver nets until last week, it is hard going back to SD for the Networks.

Some short term solutions, that keep disappearing, and a possible medium term solution if Billings, MT goes HD in March, but I think the writting is on the wall.

NO MORE CONUS beams for the networks! If not today, then next month or pretty darn soon.

A multi billion dollar industry and I can't get HD where I live. Something is wrong.
Congress is worried about the low end TV watcher with an old set, but no one appears to be worried about the high end watcher who lives in a rural part of the country.

Dish saying they cover x% of the the country with HD nets coesn't mean much if you are outside that x part of the country.

Would DIRECT TV be any better??

Would DIRECT TV be any better??
The only advantage to D* is that D* can offer DNS IF you qualify. All of D*'s HD-LIL is on spot except for NY & LA which they use for DNS. Congress and the NAB protect the local markets that were set up early in the last century. Ciel-2 seems to have great spot coverage. When all the HD-LIL's have been moved to Ciel-2, you should be able to find a spot that covers your area.

The Wyoming channels are slowly converting to HD, but considering it is one of the smalest markets, it will be quite a while before DISH bothers to uplink the HD signal.

Last edited:
I'd take any of the east coast feeds in a minute if I thought they would last for more than a few months. Any ideas which could be the last to go to a spotbeam? At prest I have a dish aimed for the 129, 110, 119, 148, 61.5. I assume I would have to use the 61.5 or the 148, niether of which I am using right now.

also

Cheyenne I believe has only one network and it is also broadcast out of Casper, but I will have to check that out better.

It is strange on the moving question. I have Direct just for MLBEI and have an address in SoCal just so I can pick up the local stations for the Dodgers and the Angels. I get the Dodgers in HD on KCAL with no problem, I can't get any of the other HD local channels. I actually live 450 miles from LA. Hard to explain. I know about spotbeams and conus but can't explain why I get one but not the others. Luckily for me my wife is a Dodger fan!

I also have Direct for MLBEI (it is expensive being a Red sox fan) that is why I ask about CONUS network beams on Direct TV. I would dump dish in a flash if I could get some type of HD networks on DIRECT. Maybe I need to post on the DIRECT board.

Moving just doesn't seem to happen on the DIRECT TV board as often.

One HD TV, two sattellite systems both HD, Dolby surround sound, and I can't watch Fringe, Lost or 24 in HD. A lot of electronic investment with congress propping up the local TV providers. If anyone has ever watched Casper, WY news you would be appalled.

I'd take any of the east coast feeds in a minute if I thought they would last for more than a few months. Any ideas which could be the last to go to a spotbeam? At prest I have a dish aimed for the 129, 110, 119, 148, 61.5. I assume I would have to use the 61.5 or the 148, niether of which I am using right now.

also

Cheyenne I believe has only one network and it is also broadcast out of Casper, but I will have to check that out better.

They will be moving fast to remove the CONUS locals. The only glimmer of hope speculation that I've heard is possibly HD locals for All American Direct people. But I haven't seen anything "up there" to back this up yet.

hmm, i really thought sometime in near future within 5 years nab would dissolve and you could pick and choose your locals you wish to recieve
wishful thinking on my part i guess
I think there will always be a select few cities hd locals on conus

although i was shocked to see denver go spot

That comment makes no sense...

DISH says we cover 80% or 70% or 60% (whatever it is doesn't matter) of the nation with local HD channel availability.

It doen't matter if you are in the other 20% or 30% or 40 % that they do not cover. I am in one of those areas with only SD signal.

I have been accused often by my wife of not making sense :), but I always make sense to myself. :)

There's news worth reporting in Casper, WY? :)
yes carbon sequestration
goolge carbon sequestration wyoming to find out
if this goes through look for wyoming to become huge power producer selling literally tons of energy to california nevada washington and arizona

maybe wyoming can solve all our power troubles here in the states

yes carbon sequestration
goolge carbon sequestration wyoming to find out
if this goes through look for wyoming to become huge power producer selling literally tons of energy to california nevada washington and arizona

maybe wyoming can solve all our power troubles here in the states

I believe Wyoming is already the #1 coal producer. When they figure out what to do with the carbon and how to end up with clean coal it will only get better for Wyoming. We have a mineral severance tax, and if we added the type of tax Alaska has we would really be rolling in the dough.

Lots happens in Wyoming, but the Casper channels are training grounds for kids right out of college. They learn alot, but the level of newscast is nothing like Denver. Great place to live but poor TV. :)

I believe Wyoming is already the #1 coal producer. When they figure out what to do with the carbon and how to end up with clean coal it will only get better for Wyoming. We have a mineral severance tax, and if we added the type of tax Alaska has we would really be rolling in the dough.

Lots happens in Wyoming, but the Casper channels are training grounds for kids right out of college. They learn alot, but the level of newscast is nothing like Denver. Great place to live but poor TV. :)
kind of like duluth mn channels then

check your dtv moving thread i believe i added some 411 which would be pertinent to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts