Are the days of moving over

I currently recieve Philadelphia locals (HD & SD) is it possible to "move" to somewhere in New England to receive NESN and CSNNE but keep my Philly locals?

The local news here in Helena is probably even worse than Casper's as far as production quality goes. They stopped broadcasting the news on weekends altogether and the weather uses screen grabs from the Weather Channel for graphics. We watch it more for the entertainment value than the actual news content.

How far away from Oklahoma City, OK or Albuquerque, NM should you be able to pick up HD locals? I was "living" in Kansas City and as of last Tuesday night, suddenly lost only the local HD channels.

Considering a "move" to Oklahoma City or Albuquerque to regain HD locals.

Would any "move" reach west texas for HD locals at this time?

Thanks for any and all help

I have the dilemma that Dish does not offer my local channels in HD, but DirecTV does. And my DMA is not even "on the list", at least as far as I have found so far. I think I am still in the footprint for Tulsa, and Dish either has or will have soon those channels on their HD.

Our 18 months is up soon (got in before the 24 month became the standard), so we're going to have to make a decision soon.

What about Oklahoma City. Is it still on 119 or has it been moved to 61.5 spotbeam?

Check TheList.

How far away from Oklahoma City, OK or Albuquerque, NM should you be able to pick up HD locals? I was "living" in Kansas City and as of last Tuesday night, suddenly lost only the local HD channels.

Go to TheList link in my signature. Find the locals you are looking for and then check that orbital position and transponder for signal.

Maybe Abilene/Wichita Falls, on 129tp13, spotbeam 36.

Check 119 tp 1 for Tulsa HD and 119 tp 3 for OKC HD locals.

The eastern Half of Kansas is in the beam and right along the border of Ok,TX from about the center of the state up to the middle of the panhandle might get a strong enough signal.

You keep mentioning to go to the list in your signature but I am unclear, as I am sure many others are, about how to use it. For instance, if I want to see what satellite the Dallas, TX locals are on, what do I do? I tried searching by city, by state and by station call letters. That produced no results. So how does it work???

Thanks in advance!

You keep mentioning to go to the list in your signature but I am unclear, as I am sure many others are, about how to use it. For instance, if I want to see what satellite the Dallas, TX locals are on, what do I do? I tried searching by city, by state and by station call letters. That produced no results. So how does it work???

Thanks in advance!

For your case since you are not curious about what is one particular satellite but where something is located... Click on Dish Network ALL. The entire list of channels will load for every satellite. Hit CTRL-F to pull up your find function on your browser. Then type in dallas and hit find and get doing it as there are a few locals for Dallas in different locations and channel numbers.

There is always 118.7 CONUS HD locals.

I have a feeling these are going to be the next to go. I suspect that they will clear locals off of 118.7 pretty quick since 118.7 is an expensive dish for Dish to be giving away with new installs. Since all the HD people on 118.7 should already have 129 they can move them with no notice needed.

I would not be surprised to see them go in the next 2 weeks.

I have a feeling these are going to be the next to go. I suspect that they will clear locals off of 118.7 pretty quick since 118.7 is an expensive dish for Dish to be giving away with new installs. Since all the HD people on 118.7 should already have 129 they can move them with no notice needed.

I would not be surprised to see them go in the next 2 weeks.

My speculation is after Ciel-2 is loaded up. But you never know, they might want to use some of the fiber capacity used for 118.7 locals for something else. There's no bandwidth crunch at 118.7 right now. New installs will be 110/119/129 instead of the 1000+, but you are right, no notice needed. HD customers shouldn't be installed with the 500+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)