Are the HR20/HR21 DVRs the only DVRs compatible with DirecTV HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

damagee

Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
These are the only DVRs I've seen discussed for DirecTV HD. Thanks!

They are the only ones that are mpeg4 compatible. IMHO, the HR20-700 is a very good product, which Directv is constantly improving through the CE program.

They are the only ones that are mpeg4 compatible. IMHO, the HR20-700 is a very good product, which Directv is constantly improving through the CE program.

Agreed. I have had zero problems with my HR20 in the 8 months I've had it.

Most of the complaining you hear is from TIVO-heads or DISH subs trying to stir up trouble...

HR20...so-so

Agreed. I have had zero problems with my HR20 in the 8 months I've had it.

Most of the complaining you hear is from TIVO-heads or DISH subs trying to stir up trouble...
Although I DO like DirecTV, I'd have to disagree with you on the HR20. I've personally had quite a few various issues. Yes, they are always working to make it better, but it isn't anything to be that impressed with. And no i'm not a Tivo-head, nor an old Dish customer, just telling it like it is.

Also ZERO issues my my HR20; I feel once they have as many years of R&D as ReplayTV and TiVo had before they were the shiznit, they will likely be even better than those two.

I've just switched from Fios and their nightmare of an "upgrade" on their DVR... man, I'll take the HR20 any day over theirs (part of the reason for the switch).

It's been awhile since I've had a Tivo and I'm sure the Tivo has improved over the years, but the HR20 seems better to me from my memory although it seems that I read when it first came out it wasn't so hot.

What is the difference from the HR20 100 and the 700? I know the difference with the HR21 is the OTA tuner, but not the difference within the HR20 family.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts