Are the VOOM 21 Channels coming to DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
After seven years with Dish I basically had stopped watching TV. Then I got Voom and went "WOW!" I started watching again, pretty much the Voom HD Exclusives only.

Voom went down, now I just watch DVDs and basic cable, but am starting to explore the possibilities of jumping back to sat after MPEG4 receivers pop up.

Not thrilled going back to Dish, but they carry a few of the VOOM channels. Would love to try D*, but that Voom thing....

Anyone know if D* will be carring the Voom 21 soon?

I do not believe we will see VOOM on DirecTV however there is rumbling from people I have spoken with at DirecTV that there may be some sort of FOX Branded HD Package much like VOOM. My thoughts are it could be better considering the library FOX has. :)

Ah well, by '06 I think I'll be back with Dish, unless cable gets the Voom channels.

As far as FOX doing better..., I loved the cool stuff like Gallery, Rush, Equator and the quirky but great movie selection (some of which I could not get on DVD). Best TV I had ever seen, by far.

The Voom 21 channels really sucked! Only some of the movies were good with many repeats. A Fox movie HD would probably be better due to their large library of films.

Even better would be a TCM HD, with all those WB/MGM titles. Both E* and D* could benefit from that.

UHD Has a lot of movies but they shore don't show them , like Jaws in HD were is it ? So don't thank that just because it is Fox and they have a better library of films doesn't mean they will show them.

LOBO2999 said:
UHD Has a lot of movies but they shore don't show them , like Jaws in HD were is it ? So don't thank that just because it is Fox and they have a better library of films doesn't mean they will show them.

I was thinking the same thing and then saw your reply.

LOBO2999 said:

For real, look at the Fox Movie Channel (CH. 258) they rarely show what I would consider good movies. It mostly has chick flicks from the 50's. Right now on FMC "All About Eve" Drama 1950 starring Bette Davis. :wtf:

Before everyone bashes me, I know some people like those movies, and FMC does occasionally show movies I like too (Classics like "Porkys") But my point is, with FOX's great library of movies, why don't they show them more frequently on FMC? Below I am listing some of the channels I would expect;

Fox Movie Channel HD (read above)
Fox Reality HD (all the Joe Millionare you can stand, broadcast in the clarity of HD)
FOX News HD (I like news and everything, but do we really need Bill O'Reilly in HD?)
Fox Sports HD(this will probably have as much HD content as ESPNHD, which IMHO, is not enough)
Fox Kids HD (kids don't care about HD, just fanatic adults like me)
Fox Comedy HD (This could actually be cool, if they upconvert Married with
Children)

Oh well, I've ranted enough. :trolls:

NVBlue said:
The Voom 21 channels really sucked! Only some of the movies were good with many repeats. A Fox movie HD would probably be better due to their large library of films.

The only VOOM channels we ever watched was the HD news, and the channel that had all the "clomping" super models. All the rest was never watched - they basically all sucked.

I was with dish from 2000 to 2004. Then in 2005 I decided to try VOOM and ALWAYS found something on tv. Mostly it was the VOOMHD originals that I was watching. After VOOM left I went back to dish and find myself thumbing around killing the remote batteries because there's nothing on tv anymore. For those of you who will tell me to go get an HD receiver to get my VOOMHD back, it's currently because of finacial/mpeg4 reasons. Until mpeg4 comes out, I'm saving my pennies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts