Are there any differences between the 54.0 and the 54.1 remotes? (Other than the logo on the bottom of 54.1)

Nope, just the logs and now there's a 54.3 remote coming out which is also identical but for some reason less expensive to make... or something
Yep, I already have a 54.3 remote. I got it free from Dish. One place where there really should have been a difference (but there isn't) is the number shown on the battery cover door. All three types have 54.0 printed there. You have to actually open the battery cover and look at the sticker inside to determine the exact model. (Or, you can go to the Diagnostics screen on your receiver, to see your remotes listed on the right-hand side.) I guess it would have cost too much to make brand-new battery cover doors to make it easier to tell the remotes apart though. So that would have defeated the purpose of making the cheaper 54.3 model.

Reactions: charlesrshell
How do lots of people get free remote offers? Been a dish customer for 20 years with a big package and they never offer me a free remote. Who do I pester to get a free 54.0 or 54.2 or 54.3?

How do lots of people get free remote offers? Been a dish customer for 20 years with a big package and they never offer me a free remote. Who do I pester to get a free 54.0 or 54.2 or 54.3?
You just call and tell them you are a 20 year customer and they will say yes. Obviously, negotiation isnt your thing

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Just send me a private message specifying which model remote you want, and I'll send you one. I have several spares. There is no such thing as a "54.2" though. There are 54.0 / 54.1 / 54.3 / and 52.0 models.

Just send me a private message specifying which model remote you want, and I'll send you one. I have several spares. There is no such thing as a "54.2" though. There are 54.0 / 54.1 / 54.3 / and 52.0 models.
No love for the 50.0? It was the first to obey verbal commands after all.

Personally, I think they screwed the pooch on anything after 52.0. The new triangle shaped ones are dumb as hell and the placement of the buttons make no sense.

If anyone has a, or a couple of 52.0's laying around, I'd be glad to pay the postage!

Personally, I think they screwed the pooch on anything after 52.0. The new triangle shaped ones are dumb as hell and the placement of the buttons make no sense.

If anyone has a, or a couple of 52.0's laying around, I'd be glad to pay the postage!
It's your lucky day! Does $10 sound okay? Send me a private message and let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: charlesrshell