Are there any DishPro compatible LNBs out there?

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
I ask because down here (PR) we need big antennas (5-6 feet) and they rarely come (never seen one) with D-tubes like the ones Dish uses. For example, I have a 6 ft pointing at 119 and a 5 ft at 110, one uses the square tube connector and the other is the ones that grab the neck of the LNB (don't know how that one is called). I would like to replace the LNBs with DishPro ones to clean up the installations and use all the new tech.
Also, is there a place where I can see which channels are in each orbital position? I want a 622 but it all depends how much HTDV I can get from down here. I don't want nor can afford to have 10 dishes on my roof. :)
Thanks in advance.

Faw said:
I ask because down here (PR) we need big antennas (5-6 feet) and they rarely come (never seen one) with D-tubes like the ones Dish uses. For example, I have a 6 ft pointing at 119 and a 5 ft at 110, one uses the square tube connector and the other is the ones that grab the neck of the LNB (don't know how that one is called). I would like to replace the LNBs with DishPro ones to clean up the installations and use all the new tech.
Also, is there a place where I can see which channels are in each orbital position? I want a 622 but it all depends how much HTDV I can get from down here. I don't want nor can afford to have 10 dishes on my roof. :)
Thanks in advance.

This site should help with channel info: http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

Dish Pro-big Dish

You can cut around the neck of the dish pro lnb with a saw, remove that part of the cover, and attached it to the Channel Master/Andrew 6 foot dish.

For the square tube, you can slightly open it to push the dish pro lnb down, and screw it in place. You would need the single satellite dish pro dual/single LNB. Some of them are sold on ebay without the cover.

Your HDTV would have to come from 61.5 West, as 129 may be under the horizon.

We use them in Alaska, I could provide you with the info for my distributor if you want. They are D-Tube style DLNB's, we remove the plascit and it has a round neck underneath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)