Are there ANY former E* users that have switched to D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I switched when they removed GolTV. I really miss the 622 but it was a question of programming in my case; otherwise, I wouldn't have changed.
OTA was better than on my HR20, TV2 output was great to feed the signal to other rooms, I could change the channel from anywhere in the house with my 2nd remote, I could add a 2nd storage etc... However, no GolTv, no Dish for me. The installers were equally inept in both cases, making unnecessary holes, and taking every shortcut possible.
As it is, I can only record 2 shows at a time but I haven't tried the OTA channels.

I switched back in March and I love it. I like the quality of channels. Now there are times that I do miss Dish's DVR but I do like Directv's HD DVR.

Two questions...

1. How many HD programs can the HD DVR record at once?

2. Which receiver can I use for MRV? Can I use the standard SD one, or does the other one need to be DVR as well?
Currently DirecTVs MRV is a beta (you can download the software on some CEs) and I believe only works for the High Def DVRs and recievers.

I switched in September 2007. As far as the hardware vs. programming argument:

What good is a Ferrari if there's no place to drive it?

For me, programming (read: sports; the comfort in knowing that each day won't bring with it another channel loss over a carriage dispute) will ALWAYS trump hardware. Unless there was a BIG cost savings on a PERMAMENT basis I would stay with DirecTV.

The last few years I've been an E* subscriber. I am not about to move off on my own for the first time and I am debating between E* and D*. I know these threads probably come and go, but hear me out.

Every comparison review between the two says it comes down to "if you like sports, get D*. If not, get E*.". Well, I like sports. I LOVE sports. I've been devastated by the fact that I cannot get MLB EI nor NFL Sunday Ticket on Dish.

So it should be a clear choice, right? Wrong.

I also LOVE the E* hardware. The dual room receiver with DVR support for both TVs is amazing. I haven't heard the best things about D*'s hardware. I have two TVs, one is HD and the other is SD.

Should hardware make or break this deal for me? I've always known E* and so I'm worried about making the switch. I love my sports, but I love solid hardware.

Can anyone who has made the switch from E* to D* recently enough to have had the recent hardware on Dish comment on if he/she has regrets after switching?
Just made the switch.... What I have found. Pic Quality is comparable. Each one is slightly better or worse on a given channel. The Diff is the DVRs. The E 722's are fabulous. Commercial skip is cleaner, and they must have faster processors. The delay when creating recordings is more ont he HR23-700 than the 722. The 722 is IMHO a better unit but not enough to make or break the deal. Actually I like both. I made the move because I was fed up with E's CSRs and Tech People. ALso had aproblem with getting charged for no phone line when they were connected and always tested good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts