Are there cheaper methods for getting Whole Home DVR service? Being quoted $400.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So just connect, my HR23 to my H23 with ethernet and connect my HR 23 to my router?

My Hr23 is already connected to the internet, so I just connect my h23 to my Hr23 right?

Connect both of them to the router. They will communicate through it. Once they are connected, go into your menu and setup multi room viewing and you will be good to go.

You could of course just run an ethernet cable from one box to the next to share if I am not mistaken, but that takes internet VOD out of the picture.

I am going off of memory here Hemi, ill make sure this is correct when I get home and if I left something out Ill let you know.

Why if its this easy, does Directv make you pay $200 for all this Deca and Swm equipment?

What 's missing that I'm not catching?

Because they dont want to have to fool with trying to figure out everyones networks and network settings.

I dont really blame them.

OK thats for them I guess, But what about the function?

And Why would they need to figure out everyones network anyway?

What other function? Functionally, using ethernet and DECA is identical.

Well, some people have their networks set up differently. They may have a setting wrong in the router, ect, and with as many things that can change, that is far too much for them to troubleshoot. So they came up with a simple, everything is the same solution and it works. Ethernet works as well, they just wont help you with it.

Oh yeah, you do have to call or go online, and tell them that you want the unsupported MRV.

What other function? Functionally, using ethernet and DECA is identical.

Well, some people have their networks set up differently. They may have a setting wrong in the router, ect, and with as many things that can change, that is far too much for them to troubleshoot. So they came up with a simple, everything is the same solution and it works. Ethernet works as well, they just wont help you with it.

Oh yeah, you do have to call or go online, and tell them that you want the unsupported MRV.
OK good.
How about the $3 fee?

I THINK I activated mine online. Been a little while, but Im almost sure I did.

Well I just called D* about either another HD DVR, or Getting MRV.

Well it seems they Guy Claiming $400 is what it cost, Well thats true!

They want $200 for the Deca/Swm, you have to upgrade your receivers at your own cost, They didn't say anything about swapping receivers for free.

If you have one HD DVR on your account, 2 SD DVR's, and you want that setup to be MRV, You have to pay $99 each for HD upgrade. Thats $400.
In my case, I have already 2 hd rooms, so it would cost me $300.

So who gets the equipment upgrades free?? New customers?

Yea I think I'll do connections myself with just the ethernet cables.

What a frigging rip off!.

D* wants $200 + for everything anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)