Are you selling?

• I'm sticking with HD DVD

Votes: 112 84.2%
  • I'm thinking about selling my stuff

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • I sold my stuff

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
I'm sticking with my A2 and my 25 HD-DVDs. However, I will be buying a PS3 tonight.

A PS3 raises too many side issues for those of us with kids. We already have an XBOX-360. A PS3 would always be fought over as a game machine, and would tie up yet another TV. For this reason, I will end up waiting for a real 2.0 standalone.

I've sold off a bunch of movies already. Most were rebate titles I was planning to sell, anyway. But, I decided to sell some others that I purchased, but haven't opened yet, that I decided weren't absolutely necessary to own. I wanted to get what I could before the market dropped out on them, which it appears will happen.

I am not saying that HDDVD is dead. But, I didn't wanna get stuck with titles that weren't keepers, if it did die.

I figure I'll wait until Summer, after the Paramount contract is over, and see if WB changes its mind, before deciding to sell the HW and remaining movies. I only paid $98 for the player, and got 10 free movies. (returned my first player to Costco.) So, I did alright on the deal. In the mean time, I've got a decent upcpnverting DVD player for $98.

Also, I've been keeping an eye on BD-30 prices...just in case. (Been adding BD movies to my Amazon wishlist, as well.)

Didn't vote in your poll. Don't plan on selling the equipment.

However I am a very blue shade of purple. I picked up an a2 at the famous sale, and the only HD-DVD discs I own are the ones I got free. On the other hand I have lots of BD that I play on my PS3.

I didn't vote either. I will stick with my HD-DVD player and movies but will not buy any more in the foreseeable future.

I'm still buying the big titles. I'll go purple if I get a good deal on a Blu-Ray player.

It's silly to not buy Universal, Paramount, Vanguard, movies that you want considering it will be awhile if ever that they're available on Blu-Ray.

American Gangster??? That's almost a no-brainer!

Not selling my HD DVDs. Have 100 so far and and equal number of BD. Have 1645 DVDs in my collection. BD player, HD player, two 42 inch 1080p LCDs and a 42 inch 1080i/720p Plasma. In truth both formats look great.

When I heard the awful news, I walked right over to my equipment cabinet and snipped the HDMI cable, pulled out the Toshiba box and tossed it into the trash can. Did the same with my HD DVD's :D

Do you believe that?

I'm still buying the big titles. I'll go purple if I get a good deal on a Blu-Ray player.

It's silly to not buy Universal, Paramount, Vanguard, movies that you want considering it will be awhile if ever that they're available on Blu-Ray.

American Gangster??? That's almost a no-brainer!
+1 also Bewolf when that comes out

Why should I get rid of my HD DVD players and movies? They play fine and I'll be collecting more and enjoy them in the future!

As others have pointed out, it's not like the boxes will turn into mushrooms overnight and be worthless. I'll just keep it next to my Pioneer DVL-909...

Not only am I keeping my HD-A30, but if I did not have an HD DVD player, I would probably buy an A30 or A35 with the new prices. I can still build a nice HD DVD collection with current and upcoming releases, and a good SD disk looks excellent on these players. I see no urgent need to buy an expensive BLue player that has less features when SD disks look so good on my HD DVD player. And who knows, maybe Toshiba can succeed in selling a boatload of them with the new prices and advertising to help convince some studios to support us again. The odds are not great, but possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)