Are you having issues with DISH remote access

kcolg30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
earth
I can access my 922 fine via DISHonline however I have not been able to access DISH remote access on my BlackBerry for two weeks. It just keeps saying 'unable to connect, try again'. I am using one of the supported BB devices.

I can access my 922 fine via DISHonline however I have not been able to access DISH remote access on my BlackBerry for two weeks. It just keeps saying 'unable to connect, try again'. I am using one of the supported BB devices.

Can you please PM me your account number, the model number of your Blackberry device and your login information for DRA so I can get this problem escalated? This also goes for anyone that has a Blackberry and is experiencing issues. Also if you can provided details into the issues that would be helpful. Thanks.

I too am having issues. I just signed up for Dish Network and can stream live on my PC or Android device. From the Blackberry Bold 9700, I too am getting "Unable to Connect. Retry?"
I downgraded from OS6 to OS5, uninstalled then reinstalled from the email link. Still not working.
Zach, it would be great if you could escalate & find out what is going on.

I still am not able to connect via my BB ever since I created this thread. I have confimed with 4 other 922 users with supported BB's that are receiving the same error message. This problem is not on my side, it is on DISH's side since so far 4 user plus myself have this same problem. Two of the four are in other states. I am not going to give my personal info to any DISH tech person on the web. I have already called DISH support and they are clueless. One of the so called tech support reps via DISH's tech line did not even know what a 922 was. I am hoping that someone for DISH can figure out why BB's cannot connect but all other mobile devices can.

kcolg30 said:
I still am not able to connect via my BB ever since I created this thread. I have confimed with 4 other 922 users with supported BB's that are receiving the same error message. This problem is not on my side, it is on DISH's side since so far 4 user plus myself have this same problem. Two of the four are in other states. I am not going to give my personal info to any DISH tech person on the web. I have already called DISH support and they are clueless. One of the so called tech support reps via DISH's tech line did not even know what a 922 was. I am hoping that someone for DISH can figure out why BB's cannot connect but all other mobile devices can.

Not that you care......but, the DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) members here are way superior in knowledge and ability to get things done on accounts. And they are legit DishNetwork representatives

Just sayin.....

alternative: Sling player instead of Dish Remote Access on Blackberry

PM me if you want instructions to get the SlingPlayer software working with your Blackberry. It's not a perfect workaround, but it works for me with the 722k & Bold 9700. I cannot change the channel using the app but can instead change channels using the dishonline.com site from a (desktop) web browser.
I just activated with Dish last week so this should 100% work for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)