Are you having Sling / DISH Remote Access Issues

I am able to get in on my BB Bold 9000 too. So all my avenues into my slingbox seem to be working for the first time since this outage began.

It is not sling pissing off customers it is echostar Corp which now runs the show at sling. Most of the founders at sling are long gone. Charlie new motto who cars about customer service.

100% true. Outsourced, overseas tech support and the bollocks to charge you $50 to use it.

Way to screw up a great thing yet again, Dish. Maybe you can file a lawsuit

2 hrs ago I couldn't get on Dish Remote except that it came up blank. Now all 3 receivers are online. :) I think the upgrade snafu is fixed at last! Does anybody know if they rolled back to their old servers?

Here is an update I just received from Sling Media.

Hello Everyone,

We made some progress yesterday. But not enough. We know that some of you are still having issues and we are working around the clock to get it fixed.

As we stated at the top of this thread, there are a few different issues that have been occurring for some of you since last Wednesday.
  • Logging in to Sling Accounts (from Slingbox.com or the desktop player)
  • Accessing Watch on Slingbox.com
  • Slingbox Directory not loading
We made significant progress in fixing the Sling Accounts log in and Slingbox Directory issues and would like to know if you still have problems logging in to your account from here:

Sling Accounts Member Profile Page

If so, please let us know.

Also, if you are still having trouble with Watch on Slingbox.com, we recommend that you try the desktop player instead. You can download them HERE.

Thanks,
The Sling Media Team

I've been having lots of trouble here as well. I have a 722 with stand alone slingbox pro hd. Desktop player has been hanging at the log in. Same with browser based viewing...
Thanks for the thread, Scott!!! I can stop troubleshooting my setup now.
I spent hours resetting, reinstalling, cursing... and they're deleting threads about the issue. Not impressed with sling....:mad::rant::confused:

I am having major problems loging in and remote viewing.

In addtition I have had problems helping customers sign up online for Free Hd for Life.

Slow nonresponsive web site, so called errors in customers info causing customers having to re-enter info up to 4 times just to sign up for FHDFL.

Dish is having issues that much is for sure.

Mike

If your still not in try rebooting your Slingbox at home... a number of people on the Sling forum are reporting success after the reboots were complete.

I rebooted my 922, tried multiple browsers on multiple computers on multiple OS, still can't watch TV over the web. I can use set record functions and set the DVR to show something on the TV; But all of the buttons that used to be there that said stuff like "Watch Live TV Over the Web" or "Watch on Web" are missing. No options for watching online anywhere.

Is this different from the problem others are having? I know some people can't log in at all and are having different issues. I don't know if this matches the problems directly related to the 922 or not. I would really like to get this working again.

I rebooted my 922, tried multiple browsers on multiple computers on multiple OS, still can't watch TV over the web. I can use set record functions and set the DVR to show something on the TV; But all of the buttons that used to be there that said stuff like "Watch Live TV Over the Web" or "Watch on Web" are missing. No options for watching online anywhere.

Is this different from the problem others are having? I know some people can't log in at all and are having different issues. I don't know if this matches the problems directly related to the 922 or not. I would really like to get this working again.

I found the same thing happening today. It seems that Dish Remote Access on the Dishnetwork sight is just that now, only remote access, and not for slinging. So, just for haha's I decided to try slingbox.com and surprise, I was able to watch live and recorded TV there. It recognized the 922 where it didn't before. Now I'm curious if the latest version of the stand-alone windows (or Mac) app will finally recognize it, but I haven't tried. Has anyone?

Anyway, hope this helps

That's strange. I tried to login at slingbox.com and it recognized me and my account, but told me that I could only access my Vip922 by logging on to Dish Network.com and going the "Remote Access" route. Strange.

I finally got through on Remote Access, with full access to both of my 722s at 11:40 PM EDT tonight. Sure would be nice if it will now actually be reliable again. I had used it every night to set up overnight movie recordings, and really missed it during the long outage.

Remote access seems to be working reliably now on both the Mac and iPad. I've had to log out of the app and back in occasionally to get DVR'ed programs to show up, but, in general, things seem to be working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)