Are you having Sling / DISH Remote Access Issues

I can't get from Dishnetwork to Sling anymore. Oh well, it was nice to be able to connect last night, even if it didn't last long. I'm getting pretty disgusted with Dish and Sling.

Is there a pattern to all this? I was able to finally connect last night at 11:40 PM, then no go all day today until about 11:30 PM, when all is right with the world, at least for a while. Is this a coincidence?

I logged in to my home machine and discovered that the sling software was reporting the wrong IP address for my Slingbox (not that it makes any difference). When I reconfigured the software, the DVR started communicating with Sling and I was able to review (but not view) the contents.

Watching recorded content still doesn't work for me through Remote Access.

I can get on with my iphone but not my laptop... it gets to the screen where it says its connecting and says it cant connect and that I should reset my conection on the 922 when a) the light is green on the satellite dish on the web page and b) I can get to it from my iphone. I've tried this on several computers and I get it to work about 5 % of the time.

What a waste of money as this is the only reason I purchased the 922!!

Any ideas?

My Sling Solo went bad on me about 6 weeks ago. I will let the smoke clear before I buy another.

What I can't understand is that I can acess it 100% of the time with my iPhone but gst about a 1% hit rate with my laptop. It tells me I need to reset my connection because there's an issue with the 922 I tether connection which of course is complete garbage because I can get at it with my iPhone. When I get home in going to call dish and complain. What a bummer.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

It's been a couple of days since I was last able to make a completely functioning connection from either my Laptop or iPhone, and at least a couple of weeks prior since I could get a working connection regularly. This whole thing really stinks.

Back working for me. It has trouble connecting to one or the other of my two 722k's occasionally, but overall a lot less connectivity issues than before the site went down completely.

Still busted for me after more than a week. Works maybe one time in ten, if the moon aligns. I'm not even trying to view remotely, I just want to program the damn DVR from the web. Why is Dish shooting themselves in the foot by relying on a bunch of clowns at a third-party company to provide this critical feature? I'm this close to eating the early termination fee and going to DirecTV.

I hope they fix it so we can easily bypass their servers in case this happens again...
You've always had the option to configure your Slingbox to not use the Sling servers. You need to have a fixed IP (this may cost you) or set up a dynamic DNS account (these can be had for free).

My remote access is back to not working at all. Neither the app nor the desktop app can connect to my dvr. Worked fine two days ago, now nothing. W...t...f...

I can't connect to any of my three 622s. Dish's website says they all have a working broadband connection on the equipment page. From the dish.sling site, it just tries to connect. No success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)