Are you having Sling / DISH Remote Access Issues

There isn't much to be excited about in my book. It surely isn't worth the extra $4.00 a month to be able to "maybe"connect via sling over my 922. I want to be able to sling to another hd tv in my house and that is the one thing they have yet to be able to do .

The whole issue continues to be hit or miss for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. More often than not, I get the "your receiver is not connected to the internet message.". Sometimes I just have to wait a few minutes, and it will spontaneously connect. Other times, I have to walk away for a few hours and keep trying to log in later. Super, super frustrating.

can't set up remote access

Just hooked up my 622 to my broadband network, verified that it was connected. Went to sling.dish.com/activate. Entered in my 7 digit code thing, then entered in my email and password. Then it goes back to the page asking for the 7 digit code, entered it, goes back to login page, and goes back to the 7 digit thing. Am I doing something wrong?

It was sort of working for me briefly a couple of days ago, but now I can't even get from Dishnetwork to Sling. It keeps coming up with an Error on MySQL.

This whole thing has been so unstable, it's unbelievable. How they could let these problems go on for weeks, without any solid improvement or at least an explanation is beyond me.

Datapoint... Didn't work for me 3-4 weeks ago... then it started working again when I checked a week or so ago and is still working tonight. 722 & 612 receivers...

How does one get remote access?
I went to dishnetwork.com, remote access, logged in, took me to my account page, clicked on remote access, didn't do anything.
Then tried going through dish.sling.com, entered email address and password, nothing. At least last time i tried this, it had me enter a 7 digit number from my receiver.
I have a 622 with hard wired ethernet.

We just upgraded to a ViP612 today and I'm having the same issues as everyone else in getting my DVR to connect to Dish Network. My internet connection is working fine, the DVR tells me, yet the web setup is just sending me in circles. Any ideas? Should I just keep trying? How many times do I need to reset?

We just upgraded to a ViP612 today and I'm having the same issues as everyone else in getting my DVR to connect to Dish Network.
I just logged in, and all 3 of my receivers, including my 2 612's, are online and available for remote management. Suggest waiting 24 hrs for your info to propagate.

I waited 24 hours and am still having the same issue. My DVR shows that it is online, and I get the 7-digit activation code from the DVR, but when I enter it on the dish.sling.com site, it tells me "Your DISH DVR may not be enabled for Web Services." Bonus: I click the FAQ link at the bottom of that screen and get an error message every time. I've tried this is three different browsers already, including IE, hoping it was some kind of javascript or flash wonkiness with the website but it appears not to be.

Ideas? Am I skipping a step where I'm supposed to activate something elsewhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts