Are you or have you signed-up for HD or Life?

Will you use HD For Life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
Just curious, how many of you have already or plan on doing HD For Life? I'm still up in the air on whether I want to go that path, but i'm curious to know what others are doing?

I don't see the option for those of us that had HD+Plat pack for $10.00 previously, that allowed us to be automatically enrolled in hd for life.

I don't see the option for those of us that had HD+Plat pack for $10.00 previously, that allowed us to be automatically enrolled in hd for life.

Yep, those of us who were "grandfathered". And what's with all the Polls all of a sudden???

Undecided. Not keen on losing Palladia and HD Theater. Could then add Platinum I guess for no change in cost and +14 channels but not keen on paperless auto-bill either after Dish's past mistakes with that which took us 4 months or so to sort out.

Am fine with +2yr commit. DirecTV is too expensive.

Poll everything

There's going to be a poll now to see if there are too many polls. Let's have one for every thread we start. We should know how everone feels and take it all down in numbers of counts in each poll. Oh that means I need to start a poll now. How does everyone feel about having polls? :D

I think we should have a poll on that. ;)

As others above, Dish just automagically put me on HD for life. I had plat, paperless, auto. They did not seem to add 2 years on, but I think I had recently committed for 2 years, even though Dish isn't showing that online.

Undecided. Not keen on losing Palladia and HD Theater. Could then add Platinum I guess for no change in cost and +14 channels but not keen on paperless auto-bill either after Dish's past mistakes with that which took us 4 months or so to sort out.

Am fine with +2yr commit. DirecTV is too expensive.

Same here.

Ghpr13:)

Sorry if polls have become overused... I'd like to pull the trigger on the HD For Life today and figured a poll would be the simplest way to see how others have done it. I'll probably just do the 2 year contract since $10 over two years is $240 we'd not be paying, and chances are we'll be with Dish for 2 years so why not.

I haven't been able to find any terms though. So for example if we go a month where they can't charge the account, say our card expires or we switch cards, or after the 2 year contract is over if we change our plan, will they drop the HD for Life? Dish has been known to drop 'nice deals' in the past, but I'd like to think in two years all channels will be considered HD and there'll be no more SD programming.

Just curious...

Sam

Just curious, how many of you have already or plan on doing HD For Life? I'm still up in the air on whether I want to go that path, but i'm curious to know what others are doing?

I was auto-magically signed up. I already was paperless, debit payment. So when I checked, I already had it. However, it does not included the HD platinum package.

whatchel1 said:
There's going to be a poll now to see if there are too many polls. Let's have one for every thread we start. We should know how everone feels and take it all down in numbers of counts in each poll. Oh that means I need to start a poll now. How does everyone feel about having polls? :D

A poll in pills yes let's have one

poll time

We need to take a poll on whether we should have poll on having polls. Man I'm in a weird mood today is any one else that's something else to poll. :haha:haha

I got grandfathered in also ...

Just dropped Platinum to save the $10. They were nice and waived the $5 downgrade fee too.

They claimed I would not lose HD For Life if I did ... I would sooner use the extra $10 and put that towards the Silver (Currently on the Bronze) ... but, I have not convinced the wife on that idea yet ;)

Put me down for grandfathered in. I hate it when polls don't have an option for me, lol.

Sorry, I didn't know that was an option or I would've added it. And I can't find any way to edit the poll to add it :-/ What stinks is we spent 4 months 'testing' Time Warner to see if we'd want to keep that instead of going back to Dish, and if we would've switched to Dish in the first place I think we would've been in that time-frame to be grandfathered in as well.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts