Are you or have you signed-up for HD or Life?

Will you use HD For Life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I signed up for it as i am an installer and dont have an hd tv yet, but the promotion is supposed to end on the 28th of next month so i did it since my bill didnt go up. I signed the agreement even though there is a 99 dollar option. And life means life of your account , so no they wont drop it when your comitment has ended. However im sure there is a clause that states if you cant auto pay for some reason they will drop your HD. Or start charging.

I paid the $99. No way would I ever let them charge me automatically. I have to call in and adjust my bill all the time!

"Whoops, sorry about that $95, we missed that you had the service plan."
"Whoops, not sure how that receiver was charged to your account. You say you called in to deactivate it?"
"Whoops, sorry about charging you for that premium channel you opted out of..."
"Ohhh, yes...we must have missed that we already received your payment this month. Sorry!"
"So you are saying you didn't watch Avatar via PPV 3,240 times last month?"

I am fine with eating the $99 up front and still keep a paper trail.

I've considered setting up a separate auto-bill checking account with a Mastercard debit card associated with it, and only using that account for Dish auto-pay. That way I only move into it what I expect to pay. If they try to withdraw more, they're SOL.

I have HD Absolute which is no longer available. It is not considered an eligible package for HD for Life. Since the programming in this package is already in HD, I have no need for the HD for Life promotion.

Just curious, how many of you have already or plan on doing HD For Life? I'm still up in the air on whether I want to go that path, but i'm curious to know what others are doing?

None of you poll choices fit me. I have the 250 package with HD and Platinum. When HD for life took effect, I was automatically enrolled in HD for life kept platinum for $10.00 a month and am not on any additional commitment. I have had auto pay and paperless for ever. So yes I am "enrolled" in HD for life

Thanks

Ross

How did some of you have HD for life automatically for free? I had auto pay and paperless billing for many years with Dish. The last promotion I was in that just run out was the Cinemax for 1cent for 18 months. Now I have it for $13. As far as I know I was not in a contract. I have the 250 with HD add on and HD plat.

How did some of you have HD for life automatically for free? I had auto pay and paperless billing for many years with Dish. The last promotion I was in that just run out was the Cinemax for 1cent for 18 months. Now I have it for $13. As far as I know I was not in a contract. I have the 250 with HD add on and HD plat.

I would think that you should have been granfathered in if you had HD & Platinum HD for $10 before HD for Life. However, please note that it is $10/month for HD Platinum [http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdplatinum]; please note that Palladia and HD Theater are part of the HD Platinum package if you are taking part of HD for Life. The recently added Sony Movie Channel [http://www.sonymoviechannel.com] is also part of HD Platinum. However, I think Palladia, HD Theater, and HD (simulcasts) are still $10 even if you are not taking part of HD for Life for HD. So, the way I look at it is that it is $10 either way. If you want to save $10/month and can live without the HD Platinum channels, then you should be able to remove it while still being able to keep free HD for Life (life of the account). I hope this helps and makes sense. Please let us know how it goes.

Grandfathered.

We need to check this slavish obsession with poles.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)