Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I don't know about any of you, but I am very dissapointed with NBA League Pass. First off I wasn't thrilled that D* automatically signed me up, even though it was at a discount ($20, big whoop) and it states in the contract that they do so unless told otherwise. But I am very angry at the lack of HD games it has on it. One night I was ready to punch the nearest person in the face out of rage. I'm a Bulls fan (which means I'm in the mood almost every time they play anyways) and one day the Bulls played the Nuggets. BOTH RSNs (CSN Chicago and Altitude) had an HD feed, yet NBA LP only showed the SD version. I called D* furious, and they said that they can only provide on LP what the RSNs provide them, and if they don't provide an HD feed, you're SOL. I think this is BS. Its the F-in NBA! They should be yelling at the affiliates and telling them you MUST provide an HD feed to their program or else you lose all broadcasting rights of any NBA team.

Anyone else frustrated like I am with this? I honestly wish I could help start a class-action suit against NBA LP for deceptive advertising. They really advertised this idea that you would get a bunch of HD games, yet more often than not, the SD vs HD is very unbalanced in favor of SD.

I have to admit, I have been happy to a point. The Celtics have been on in HD alot this year. I have been upset about the lack of west coast games, but that seems to be getting better.

I totally agree with you where you are coming from, one of the reasons I haven't ordered NBA LP this year.
I watch the Sacramento Kings and Spurs game all the times, and well most of the spurs game are broadcasted in HD, but can't say the same for the Kings game, 99% of their games in SD, horrible PQ on my local KREN 27 channel, it was unwatchable, there were feeds in HD from the other channels, but they blacked it out, really lame, but they didnt black out the NBA LP (SD) which is really messed up.
Now people that subscribe to NBA LP they should have access to all the HD/SD feeds even if its not in an NBA LP channel.
Reason, they are paying for it and so they should have access to all the NBA games in HD that are being broadcasted no matter if its NBA LP or any other channels aka Comcast,Altitude,FSN Primetime, RSN, ect.
Hopefully NBA pulls their heads out of their own ***.
And Hopefully Comcast sports releases Comcast Sports West HD.

I'm more bothered by the schizophrenic nature of the NBA HD channels. It's hard to tell what's in HD. Sometimes the list seems to be wrong, and sometimes channels that aren't "game-only" are clearly operating on a game-only basis.

But if the game isn't in HD on either of the RSNs, then that's all there is to it. Directv can't do anything about that.

I'm more bothered by the schizophrenic nature of the NBA HD channels. It's hard to tell what's in HD. Sometimes the list seems to be wrong, and sometimes channels that aren't "game-only" are clearly operating on a game-only basis.

But if the game isn't in HD on either of the RSNs, then that's all there is to it. Directv can't do anything about that.
Yeah but my point in the example that I gave was that BOTH RSNs had an HD feed. Therefore, I saw no reason as to why I couldn't see it in HD on LP.
Had it been a month ago and the Bulls played at the Knicks on MSG, I would understand the lack of an HD feed because we didn't have MSG HD and in my area MSG would more than likely have had the right to broadcast.

I think it should all be by geographical location. I think by default CSN Chicago should be the "go-to" affiliate unless there's a closer one. Of course I also think that inDemand should broadcast on Satellite.. doesn't mean its going to happen. ;p

I am not happy with D*'s technical problems that cause the -1 HD channels to sometimes blackout games when they shouldn't be. Then when you call and try to get a CSR to log a problem with the broadcast center they do nothing but read the script for a 727 message.

I am not happy with D*'s technical problems that cause the -1 HD channels to sometimes blackout games when they shouldn't be. Then when you call and try to get a CSR to log a problem with the broadcast center they do nothing but read the script for a 727 message.

It also annoys me that NBA Broadband doesn't work either.

I know they say there's no refunds, but couldn't you make the case that a refund could be validated if they don't deliver to you what they're supposed to? They didn't give us any indication that there wouldn't be alot of HD games, and also if they won't let me use NBA Broadband, isn't that basically a bait/switch move?

Just to try to make sure no irritation goes unlisted -- I am not only annoyed that the NBA broadband is usually useless, but also annoyed at the the random nature of the channel 750 Stats. Any time an NBA game is being televised, that channel should be functional but it is really hit or miss.

Also, the least NBA broadband folks could so would be to set up a real-time scores screen (like the NBA stats channel) via broadband so that if many of the broadband games can't get through for lack of bandwidth, then at least people click to a minimal-bandwidth screen to track the scores in real time...

I FINALLY got a response back from the NBA today..

Yes.. they identified themselves as the NBA.. kinda cool. I got contacted today by ESPN and the NBA. I feel like Lebron James without the money and the talent.

Anyways they fixed my NBA Broadband, and acknowledged that everyone is pissed off and complaining about the lack of HD games. So at the very least they're aware of it. Then again, Sony was aware of the overheating problems with the PS1 for years and did nothing, and it took nearly 2 years for M$ to acknowledge the 360 hardware failure problems.

very true but that's when you keep emailing directv until someone at the broadcast center actually calls you back. i had an early problem with tampa hockey games not being shown in hd and, of course, got the usual CSR horse manure. i wrote several emails until a nice lady from the center called me and took care of my problem.

you might also try emailing the respective RSN's. that helped my problem.

very true but that's when you keep emailing directv until someone at the broadcast center actually calls you back. i had an early problem with tampa hockey games not being shown in hd and, of course, got the usual CSR horse manure. i wrote several emails until a nice lady from the center called me and took care of my problem.

you might also try emailing the respective RSN's. that helped my problem.
You're lucky then. When I go the e-mail route I get the canned response of blackouts and to call if I have any questions, and then when you call you get the same blackout response spoken to you. I did send an e-mail saying I was going to cancel all my sports subscriptions if they didn't do something, that did get a call back from someone who said they'd make sure it got forwarded.

I did e-mail two different RSN's, never got a response. I even sent a land mail to the NBA, never got a response.

I did e-mail two different RSN's, never got a response. I even sent a land mail to the NBA, never got a response.

Rad,
Give your RSN a call and ask for the Programming director.
I found the number on the web site for mine and have a very good rapport with him. He and I called D* when I had Tigers/ Red Wing issue, trying to get the HD signal, D* said that I was not able to rec. the FSN HD signal and the RSN said yes I should.
Turned out to be a zip code issue, D* said there was nothing that we could do until FSN contacted D* to change info, lady from D* said that was it and I would have to wait till the end of the season for changes to be made. She would not understand that the person that was on the phone was THE person that would change the info.
I had FSN Detroit in HD 3 - 5 days later. :)

Thanks John from FSN Detroit :D

Jimbo

Rad,
Give your RSN a call and ask for the Programming director.
I found the number on the web site for mine and have a very good rapport with him. He and I called D* when I had Tigers/ Red Wing issue, trying to get the HD signal, D* said that I was not able to rec. the FSN HD signal and the RSN said yes I should.
Turned out to be a zip code issue, D* said there was nothing that we could do until FSN contacted D* to change info, lady from D* said that was it and I would have to wait till the end of the season for changes to be made. She would not understand that the person that was on the phone was THE person that would change the info.
I had FSN Detroit in HD 3 - 5 days later. :)

Thanks John from FSN Detroit :D

Jimbo
Thanks Jimbo. So far no problems with my local RSN but with feeds from others that are part of NBA-LP. An example was on game that I could view on the SD channel but the HD channel had the X721 blocking it.

rad, sorry to hear about your problems. i've never had any problems with the fox florida folks. i'd follow jimbo's suggestion and call your rsn. can't hurt!

rad, sorry to hear about your problems. i've never had any problems with the fox florida folks. i'd follow jimbo's suggestion and call your rsn. can't hurt!
When it comes to the NBA-LP games, calling the RSN's out won't do much good because that's all done through them AND LP. Unless this is a local issue you're dealing with, if you're out of market like I am you're basically f-ed in the a.

Next year I'm definitely not getting LP until the 2nd half of the season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)