Recording problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kittyslave

Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
For some reason my DVR (R-15) seems to ignore some record requests lately. I have several full series being recorded yet the other night, while a new episode was available, it didnt record. Oddly enough when viewing "info" or browsing through the guide, the show was clearly marked as being recorded...yet nothing on my playlist.

Any clues as to what I can do to prevent this from happening would be greatly appreciated. It seems to be happening more frequently lately. Esp since I am a Nielsen household...not only did I miss a show I like, I didnt get to participate as a viewer of that show. Is this is a common occurance?

For some reason my DVR (R-15) seems to ignore some record requests lately. I have several full series being recorded yet the other night, while a new episode was available, it didnt record. Oddly enough when viewing "info" or browsing through the guide, the show was clearly marked as being recorded...yet nothing on my playlist.

Any clues as to what I can do to prevent this from happening would be greatly appreciated. It seems to be happening more frequently lately. Esp since I am a Nielsen household...not only did I miss a show I like, I didnt get to participate as a viewer of that show. Is this is a common occurance?

How full is your hard drive?.When you go to My Playlist look at the bottom of the screen and see what % is left on your hard drive.Normally if it's almost full it will delete the oldest recording to record the newest.Is it possible your trying to record 3 shows in the same time slot?.If you want to record 2 shows in the same time slot,you will only be able to watch something you previous recorded at that time.Good Luck!:)

P.S. If your hard drive is almost full you will need to delete some programs.;)

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that my hard drive is 80% free...so memory is not the problem.
I have had problems in the past of it not recording two shows at the same time as if it is only recognizing one tuner....reseting the DVR seemed to do the trick.
But the problem I am having does not seem to have anything to do with conflicts either. Only one show scheduled to be recorded and I wasnt watching at the time.

I should have mentioned that my hard drive is 80% free...so memory is not the problem.
I have had problems in the past of it not recording two shows at the same time as if it is only recognizing one tuner....reseting the DVR seemed to do the trick.
But the problem I am having does not seem to have anything to do with conflicts either. Only one show scheduled to be recorded and I wasnt watching at the time.

Did you try to record it different?.Like when I record I just highlight the program in the guide and press "R" button?.I don't use series link or the prioritizer either they have been having bugs causing problems using those.:confused: oh and I forgot.:welcome

I believe that is how I got another show I was having trouble with to record...by just hitting record from the guide. Unfortunately I am not always home to do it...just thought maybe there was some known bug and that there was a fix. Of course that would be too easy.
Thanks for the help and the welcome! :)

I believe that is how I got another show I was having trouble with to record...by just hitting record from the guide. Unfortunately I am not always home to do it...just thought maybe there was some known bug and that there was a fix. Of course that would be too easy.
Thanks for the help and the welcome! :)

Well just to let you know DirecTV is working on the problems but because the R15 is their first inhouse DVR they do have problems.But they do have a program to try and speed up fixes for the R15 called the Cutting Edge.They are also working on Remote Booking for the R15 which the subscriber will be able to setup the R15 from the internet or cell phone to record their favorite TV programs.All it's going to take is time to work out the bugs.:)

Also make sure your R15 is plugged into a surge suppressor and nothing is stacked on top.;)

From that description of the issue, and it also sounds like a recurring problem as you stated it has happened in the past, sounds like 1 of 2 things:

Either, one of the tuners is failing....

or there is an issue with one of the lines coming in.

Check your signal strength on BOTH tuners on multiple transponders. They should be nearly identical readings on both. If one is lower than the other, something is bleeding signal strength from that particular line. Or if every other transponder reads 0 on one tuner, that's a definite sign of a problem.

I've seen something as small as a single strand of silver braid wire that makes contact with the copper center conductor inside a fitting, to an entire multiswitch being corroded.
Check your signal strengths and I'll try to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)