Are You Vooming Again On Dish Yet?

socalpanman said:
For you long time Dish subs...
Why does Dish have soooo many "educational" and religious channels included/cluttering their packages?
Learn to program & use the Favorites list and you will only see what you want. ;)

DarrellP said:
Learn to program & use the Favorites list and you will only see what you want. ;)
Duhhh.
That was not my point.
Do enough people really watch them, are they there to proove something or are they there so Dish can say it offers hundreds of channels?

socalpanman said:
Duhhh.
That was not my point.
Do enough people really watch them, are they there to proove something or are they there so Dish can say it offers hundreds of channels?
Are you talking about the public interest channels?

socalpanman said:
Duhhh.
That was not my point.

The only thing that makes sense is that Dish and other carriers get paid for running the programming.

That was one thing I particular liked about Voom. It didn't have all these shopping channels, etc.

On a totally different line of thought, has anyone ever run a scientific poll to find out just how many channels people watch?? I bet its under 8. Trick is that its a different 8 for each person.

Back when Dish only had the 300 satellite dish with a single LNB, I called griping about PQ and asked if they ever monitor their own channels and way back then the guy told me that they had over 600 channels to monitor, so even back in the beginning they had more "off-channels" than a person could sub to.

socalpanman, I know what you mean about "cluttering" the packages, I was checking out the "Top 60", what a joke, there is only about 20 channels I would even consider watching in that package, the rest is a bunch of crap. And what's up with having Boomerang, a fricken cartoon channel in the Top 120? That is ridiculous. If it was in the Top 60, I'd get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)