Argh, can't believe sales didn't talk me into getting the 'everything' pack

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
This sound about right for the programming fees/bill ?

:confused:

I just saw that for around 10 bucks I can get every Movie package there is including the 3 HD movie channels.
I have two DVRs so I had lease fees and DVR fees on both which was over 20 bucks being 'thrown away'

By getting the everything pack I lose those charges so in the end it's basically 10 more bucks
Been paying 105 a month and no movie channels since Feb and now I have everything for 115 bucks

yea it's a lot but that's distants ( for now ) and superstations

Does that sound right to you guys as I never really trust it until I see the bill, lol

Tig

Last edited:
tigershere said:
:confused:

I just saw that for around 10 bucks I can get every Movie package there is including the 3 HD movie channels.
I have two DVRs so I had lease fees and DVR fees on both which was over 20 bucks being 'thrown away'

By getting the everything pack I lose those charges so in the end it's basically 10 more bucks
Been paying 105 a month and no movie channels since Feb and now I have everything for 115 bucks

yea it's a lot but that's distants ( for now ) and superstations

Does that sound right to you guys as I never really trust it until I see the bill, lol

Tig
I don't think the lease fees disappear but the DVR fees do.

I have a 622 and 510 DVR, plus a basic receiver. I have the platinum package and my total bill is $122.39, including the dish home charge of $5.98 and taxes.

I just had my bill reduced recently because I had a message on my screen that my phone line needed to be connected to avoid the $5.00 fee. My line had always been connected and when I called tech service, he said I was being charged the fee on my bill, so he removed it from my current billing. The charge on my bill indicates an "additional receiver access fee", so I don't know if he should have removed it. So, if that stays off, my total bill is $117.39.

similar setup i have platinum+locals , i have a 622 and a 942 ( i lease the 622 and own the 942)
clear.gif
DISHHD PLATINUM W/ LOCALS 104.99
clear.gif

LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.0

that's it, no dvr, no additional receiver, no dish home all connected to phone lines.

I will double check but the guy on the phone said it would be about 22 dollars off due to the package upgrade and losing some of those 'side' charges.

He said my bill will be around 115 and I do not have the Dish home so it sounds about right. We have the same setup except for the basic receiver. I have one but it;s not active but sitting around here somewhere in case the DVRs both break, lol

I do have the superstations and distants e/w

Really want to see that bill now, lol

Oh, the phone deal. Another part of my sisters bad installer. He connected it just long enuf to authorize and set up the system and unhooked it. Told her , nah, that's not needed.
I went wtf is he talking about and of course they got the alert about the 5 bucks the next AM

Thanks for that info and I know what to look for.

That's because they really aren't serious "sales" people. When you depend upon a low-level sales force, you can't count on them to make the strongest sales pitch to every customer (or even half of your customers).

Much of the time, it is left to the customer to sort packages & options out.

Yea after 4 or 5 years I should know better. We had a fit getting the 622 setup as the preinstall information the installer got was wrong. He was told a dish 1000 would do everything we needed including getting CBS in HD
Well, CBS has to be on a side dish but it took a upper level engineer to finally figure that out.

Thanks guys!
Tiger

Approx 117 was what I was paying for 2 leased 622's, locals and Platinum. If you have Gold with locals, 2 leased 622's and HBO alone you are about 105. My current is approx 92 for Gold with locals and 2 leased DVRs. If/when I add HBO again I'll probably go Platinum because it just isn't that much more. But with Fall here there is enough football and new shows that the movie packs are overkill for me.

They should do away with all extra fees like the DVR fee (which they already do) and the lease fee if someone subs to the everything pak.

I agree with the original poster. I was originally only going to get the Top 180 package and one movie channel. When I found out, through this forum, that they would waive the DVR fees if you get everything, it ends up costing me six bucks, or so, more a month to get all of the movie channels.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot stand when people try to 'up-sell' me. If I wanted a large Coke, I would've ordered a large Coke. Just bought a new car, and I had to sit through 45 minutes with the paperwork guy, who couldn't believe that I didn't want to drop $400 on the premium extended warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts