Arghhh, I am so frustrated with the H3 timers situation

Australian Football League games have been missed the last couple weeks on my sisters Hoppers too. 3 timers and none of them see new episodes. Had to set a timer for each game

tuesday 8pm cst, 182 discovery, should be deadliest catch, just says discovery channel programing.
set a timer for the amelia earhart (sp) on sunday, checked it again, the information changed and had to delete and set another timer. this is getting ridiculous

tuesday 8pm cst, 182 discovery, should be deadliest catch, just says discovery channel programing.
set a timer for the amelia earhart (sp) on sunday, checked it again, the information changed and had to delete and set another timer. this is getting ridiculous
I noticed that last night. Interestingly, it was only the SD feed that said "Discovery Channel Programming." The HD feed had "Bush" listed for that time slot.

Which arc are you on? Do you use a hard drive with your 211k, or is it a non-DVR? I was using a Wally with a hard drive on Western Arc. Maybe that makes a difference?

Ext HD for DVR. Eastern arc I think (110, 119, 129) Same setup since 2010. Actually same as before that, though I moved in 2010.

Ext HD for DVR. Eastern arc I think (110, 119, 129) Same setup since 2010. Actually same as before that, though I moved in 2010.
Okay, so you have the same setup as me except for the receiver model and the fact that I have the 118 satellite in addition to the other three Western Arc slots, although I doubt that would make a difference in this case.

That is western arc...
Which is why I said I think and listed them. I wasn't following things when the whole east/west arc came along.

I go back to the days if just one satellite and remember when dish 500 came along and installing it. After that the myriad if different satellite locations used have been used, and they've've moved away from owner installs.

My Directv contract is up and I really want to switch to Dish but this problem would annoy the hell out of me.

it gets old as heck for sure, started in like april, use to have seek timers that worked perfect, motorcycle racing found everything for example. now i have to babysit the timers, check them every day, schedule each racing timer individually. when the guide didn't do this it was great. doesn't seem like there is any fix in sight, its the provider dish switched to that seems to believe half ass is good enough,

the best is when you set a timer thursday, they change the info and friday your timer is junk, have to delete and set another.
i saw a info for movie on hbo, said day, lower case that was all, how lazy and crappy, it was independance day, the newer one,

Reactions: xfoneguy
Finally, mercifully, guide descriptions are back to being more to the point and rarely truncated. That doesn't translate into all my timers acting correctly. I still have a couple shows where some new episodes are seen in the guide but some are not seen as new. Overall closer to being fixed.

Finally, mercifully, guide descriptions are back to being more to the point and rarely truncated. That doesn't translate into all my timers acting correctly. I still have a couple shows where some new episodes are seen in the guide but some are not seen as new. Overall closer to being fixed.

Let me know when they fix the sports timers so I can just have one permanent timer set to record all new bowling again...

Let me know when they fix the sports timers so I can just have one permanent timer set to record all new bowling again...

OK.

animated-bowling-image-0023.gif

Speaking of timers - I have a question: I like the MSNBC series called "Lockup:XXX" - The title (Lockup) is followed by a subtitle, typically the name of a city or state (IE "Lockup: Indiana" or "Lockup Wichita: Extended Stay". Currently I have something like 14 or 15 timers dedicated to this series in order to catch all (or at least most) of them. It seems like the previous version of the Hopper had a way to use "wild cards" or something similar in order to catch all of these with just 1 timer. Is there a way to do this? Maybe I'm just overlooking the obvious? Thanks!

Speaking of timers - I have a question: I like the MSNBC series called "Lockup:XXX" - The title (Lockup) is followed by a subtitle, typically the name of a city or state (IE "Lockup: Indiana" or "Lockup Wichita: Extended Stay". Currently I have something like 14 or 15 timers dedicated to this series in order to catch all (or at least most) of them. It seems like the previous version of the Hopper had a way to use "wild cards" or something similar in order to catch all of these with just 1 timer. Is there a way to do this? Maybe I'm just overlooking the obvious? Thanks!

Do a search, then don't pick any of them and go to the search box and insert only the words you want. (Credit to another poster in another thread)

Reactions: xfoneguy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)