Arghhh, I am so frustrated with the H3 timers situation

avion

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Chicagoland
This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Almost weekly I find a timer or two that doesn't record for some reason. Yeah, I heard about the guide issue, but I don't care. Dish needs to fix this!

Today both The Magicians and The Expanse didn't fire. Why? No idea. I had to remove the timers and add them again. Last week they worked. Two weeks ago the Expanse didn't. I have to go over all my current schedule timers and see if anything appears in their schedule. If not, delete and add them again. But this is stupid since I have to keep checking the schedule daily to see what is missing, as if I remember what is supposed to record every day.

Also, the timers for the Magicians and the Expanse didn't have a different name so why didn't they work?

For this crap we pay monthly DVR fees? They should drop those fees until they deliver the DVR experience that we expect.

And oh yeah, they still need to fix the EHD issues that are lurking around in one shape or another for months now and through multiple firmware updates.

I have been with Dish for more than 17 years but I swear that if things continue this way I will drop Dish like a hot potato. Enough is enough.

Can you feel how frustrated I am?

Question, was/were the missing episode(s) in the daily schedule? You can scroll the daily schedule back to see if it was there, was the there and disappeared, or didn't fire for a reason.

Yep, same for me. Magicians and Expanse timers didn't fire, but I caught them in time to do a manual one. To the best of my knowledge this is the only timers I've had not fire right.

Based on the guide it looks like last night's Expanse was the last episode as I'm not showing any more going forward, Magicians has at least one more.

I looked at my schedule early for The Expanse and didn't see it scheduled even though I have a series new record. Then I went to the guide and looked at The Expanse and it showed New. Then I set that to record and it did....

Guide data for SyFy seems fishy lately. I noticed The Expanse timer was not going to fire this week on Monday and set a one timer to catch it last night. When I skip ahead to next week it shows something random (Deals from the dark side?) in the spot even though the show had a next week promo at the end this week.

Guide data for SyFy seems fishy lately. I noticed The Expanse timer was not going to fire this week on Monday and set a one timer to catch it last night. When I skip ahead to next week it shows something random (Deals from the dark side?) in the spot even though the show had a next week promo at the end this week.
I saw that as well. Checking with the TitanTV grid, I saw that Expanse was scheduled for next Wednesday at the normal time.

Question, was/were the missing episode(s) in the daily schedule? You can scroll the daily schedule back to see if it was there, was the there and disappeared, or didn't fire for a reason.
No they were not in the daily schedule. This is how I noticed the problem. I got a notification from the TVShow Time that a new episode will start in an hour but when I checked the daily schedule it didn't show up there hence the manual timer.

I'd suggest redoing all the timers that are important to you, that should help. I know they are working on the guide issue tirelessly to get it resolved, but it takes time because it's also with the guide data vendor

The problem with that is they are making adjustments that can kill your timers. I redid my timer for The Expanse after nearly missing it a few weeks ago and then I nearly missed it again yesterday. So unless you plan to check each day you are in the same boat with old or new timers.

The problem with that is they are making adjustments that can kill your timers. I redid my timer for The Expanse after nearly missing it a few weeks ago and then I nearly missed it again yesterday. So unless you plan to check each day you are in the same boat with old or new timers.
I check my timers every morning for the day. Sometimes during the day I check them again.

I'd suggest redoing all the timers that are important to you, that should help. I know they are working on the guide issue tirelessly to get it resolved, but it takes time because it's also with the guide data vendor

Doesn't help. I redid my timer for the Magicians last night and now when I check the schedule for next week it is missing again and I had to add a new timer. This is a never ending saga. I'll end up filling my max 99 timers with multiple duplicates.

Doesn't help. I redid my timer for the Magicians last night and now when I check the schedule for next week it is missing again and I had to add a new timer. This is a never ending saga. I'll end up filling my max 99 timers with multiple duplicates.
Remove the old timer and then add it back in. There is no sense having multiple timers for the same event. In fact, it might confuse the receiver.

The last time I checked the timer max limit is 200.

Reactions: JSheridan
Remove the old timer and then add it back in. There is no sense having multiple timers for the same event. In fact, it might confuse the receiver.
That's what I did yesterday but now that next week's one was not showing up I added a second one in case something else will change and then maybe one of the two will catch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)