Arghhh, I am so frustrated with the H3 timers situation

Next Sunday, 4/15, Doctor Who is back on BBCA. Guide shows new episode so I set a new timer for new episodes. The episode is not showing up in the schedule. I had to set a timer specific to this episode for it to show up in the schedule. Removing old and adding new doesn't work here as there is no "old". Dish? Response? Is this another "guide issue" that you seem to not be able to fix for months now?

This is a user supported site, not a DISH visited support site. Having said that, it is likely that someone who has experienced this problem will come along shortly. I have heard that some recent timer issues are related to DISH using a new provider for the guide date, and that there might be some glitches.

This is a user supported site, not a DISH visited support site.

Actually there are Dish people on this board.

Yes, we all heard the guide story for a while now and frankly I don't care what's the reason. Dish should have addressed it and fixed it BEFORE switching to a new provider. It comes down to what I've been complaining about for a while: lack of proper testing and regression testing when they make changes to the software, guide, whatever. Either they don't test before they release them into the wild or they do and decide to release anyway because don't care. None of these options show they are committed to their customers' satisfaction. It didn't use to be like this in the past or I wouldn't have stuck with Dish for almost 18 years.

Add me in to those that missed the magicians and expanse. I even deleted and reset the timers and when I checked back 10 minutes later it was showing as not recording the next week. Timer issues aside the guide descriptions themselves are also something that is vastly inferior to what we had before.

Does someone actually leave Dish because of a guide or timer issue. No, but when you start adding one thing on top of another it sure makes you wonder about it. I hope they fix this issue soon.

Wow! its been 9 years since I've been here! Haven't had a problem with my dish equipment for a looong time.

Add me to the list for "The Expanse" timer issue.

I have neen baby sitting my timers even before I switched to DISH when I was with Charter. Every Sunday morning I go thru the up coming Mon-Sun timers by comparing them with a printed Titan TV schedule. Then also every morning I go thru that day's timers again. I know this is redundant but I catch and fix all the timer issues. I have very little timer problems by using this method.
Yes but even that doesn't work unless you are home 24 hrs a day. I check the timers in the morning, shows are scheduled to record today, get home some recorded, some didn't. Go back into the scheduled list and go backwards up the list, they are there but didn't record. Never had these problems before the guide changeover. The wife is losing patience with what she says "Whatever the problem is, the recorder...doesnt record"

Just checked my H3 and, as suspected, The Expanse (Episode 11) did not record. I can't even find that episode in the VOD section of the EPG. This is a bummer as now I'm forced to watch it on the SyFy app, commercials included. I hope DISH gets it's act together and fixes the problem!!

I watched episode 11 on the SyFy App on my Apple TV which played better than the last time I tried it. So I'm caught up, fingers crossed for this week...

Oh, and I read that my "Rick and Morty" recordings issue from a week ago was the result of Cartoon Network/Adult Swim pulling a real Rick move for April Fools: they substituted Season 3 Episode 1 for both of the "replays" Saturday 4/1 night. So it wasn't the Hopper going bonkers, it was Adult Swim. So Shoneys...

Check The Expanse timers for tomorrow night 4/12. Had to make a new timer for it here, the old timer was going to miss it again.

Sounds more like the failure of certain channels to send consistent data to the new guide provider. I've experienced no recording problems on the channels I record, but I do agree it needs to be fixed. The thread title that it's the Hopper3 at fault is just wrong.

Reactions: pattykay
I had the same problem with several shows since the last firmware update, Forge and Fire, Dr Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet to name a few. I had all my timers set to "New Only" and several new shows were skipped or would have been skipped.

I went and deleted my unused timers and changed the timers for the shows that were or would have been skipped from "New Only" to "Weekly". This is a real pain in the butt. Everything was working fine until recently.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: wormil
H3 recorded the Deadliest Catch Season 12 recap last week, and it has something scheduled for Friday night, but did not record Tuesday's season premiere.
I had the same problem with with deadly catch. I had to manually record it.
Hey Dirt team, do you have a ETA on a fix on this problem?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

FWIW, The Expanse recorded for me this week.

It worked for me too, but at this point I probably have at least three timers trying to get it.
On the Hopper/Joey itself, all the recording are under one icon. On Dish Anywhere, they are under three different icons, one with nine episodes, and the other two with one each.

It worked for me too, but at this point I probably have at least three timers trying to get it.
On the Hopper/Joey itself, all the recording are under one icon. On Dish Anywhere, they are under three different icons, one with nine episodes, and the other two with one each.
Mine fired on the original timer. Never set an additional one.

Add Deadliest Catch to the list. I now have three timers to get the episodes to record.
This problem is not over yet. Dirt, when will it be fixed? Your not acting as the listening company

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts