Arirang TV has now been added to the Korean package.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Visitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
The Big Apple
Arirang TV, the English language Korean channel based in Seoul is now part of the Korean package on channel 2095. I just noticed it this morning and it looks like it launched today. Looks like it's a big event for the channel as the channel is promoting the hell out of them being on DirecTV for the first time and now truly available for direct access to people in the US as well as Central/South America via DirecTV. They even had President Park Geun-hye make an announcement for the channel about it being on DirecTV in the US. It's not a US feed of any sort, it's the same feed that is broadcast in South Korea which is nice but of course.. that time difference. :)

I know the channel is also available online, but I thought this channel was on E* before.

Very happy about this. :) DirecTV has really become the only answer in satellite if you want Korean programming.

Edit: Not sure if this channel is only in the Korean package, or if it's available to all subscribers, actually. Perhaps someone who doesn't have the package can check if they get channel 2095. I'm thinking that that channel is delivered on the international dish, but perhaps not.

Edit2: Discovered that it's not just in the Korean package - but it's available to all who subscribe to HD service. Sorry for the misleading subject!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts