Arod to opt out of contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A-Rod to opt OUT of his Yankees contract

Just mentioned in the top of the 8th inning and on FOXSPORTS website:
Can you say....Tigers/Cubs/Angels/Red Sox....your on the clock....?!

Agent: A-Rod opts out of deal with Yankees

Associated Press, Updated 2 minutes ago

DENVER (AP) - Alex Rodriguez opted out of his $252 million, 10-year contract with the Yankees on Sunday in what appears to be the end of his career with New York.

Rodriguez's decision, announced by agent Scott Boras during Game 4 of the World Series, makes him eligible to become a free agent.

Rodriguez loses the final $72 million in guaranteed salary in the contract, of which $21.3 million was to be covered by payments from the Texas Rangers to the Yankees. New York had said it would not attempt to re-sign A-Rod if he opted out.

Boras said during a telephone interview Rodriguez made his choice because he was uncertain whether Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte would return to the Yankees.

"Alex's decision was one based on not knowing what his closer, his catcher and one of his statured pitchers was going to do," Boras said. "He really didn't want to make any decisions until he knew what they were doing."

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Agent: A-Rod opts out of deal with Yankees

"Alex's decision was one based on not knowing what his closer, his catcher and one of his statured pitchers was going to do," Boras said. "He really didn't want to make any decisions until he knew what they were doing."

Piss poor basis for his decision, if you ask me. The Yankees are going to spend over $200,000,000 in salary to put together the best team that money can buy. They will try to buy the best closer, catcher and starting pitching staff that their money can buy, and will have the advantage that the best players will favor them because they know that they will be surrounded with other top players.

I hope that the Red Sox don't sign him. Money is a finite resource, and I think that they would be better off with a $10,000,000 a year third baseman and spending the other $20,000,000 elsewhere.

Piss poor basis for his decision, if you ask me. The Yankees are going to spend over $200,000,000 in salary to put together the best team that money can buy. They will try to buy the best closer, catcher and starting pitching staff that their money can buy, and will have the advantage that the best players will favor them because they know that they will be surrounded with other top players.

I hope that the Red Sox don't sign him. Money is a finite resource, and I think that they would be better off with a $10,000,000 a year third baseman and spending the other $20,000,000 elsewhere.

IF the Red Sox sign A-Rod....and it IS a possibility because the BEST 3rd basement in the league, Mike Lowell(BIG Mike Lowell fan from his Marlins days) is a free agent......do the Red Sox become the NEW "evil Empire"....?? :confused::D

A-Rod just did a favor to the Yankees. I hope that they do not pay attention to him and let him go to another team (Yankees need to stick to their promise to not compete for him in the free agent market). Maybe A-Rod can find another Hicks to pay him all that money. Hicks must be real happy.

I can't believe he did it during the WS, just goes to show you the type of person he is.

A-Rod just did a favor to the Yankees. I hope that they do not pay attention to him and let him go to another team (Yankees need to stick to their promise to not compete for him in the free agent market). Maybe A-Rod can find another Hicks to pay him all that money. Hicks must be real happy.

How is that...part of the A-Rod was the $20 million Texas was gonna give them while he was a Yankee. That is why they said IF he opted out, they would NOT negociate at all.

I can't believe he did it during the WS, just goes to show you the type of person he is.
Maybe he felt he had to make his announcement before the Yankees announced their new manager, otherwise, it might seem like his decision was based on his dislike for that manager.

Maybe he felt he had to make his announcement before the Yankees announced their new manager, otherwise, it might seem like his decision was based on his dislike for that manager.

I think it's just his stupid "any publicity is good publicity" attitude and wanting to get the most bang for his buck. After the WS is over, when is the next chance to get that much attention from Baseball people?

I must have missed the press conference where ARod announced that he was signing with Drew Rosenhaus....

Reporter: "Scott, what have you done for Arod besides losing him $80M and getting him taken off of a perennial contender?"
Boras: "Next Question."

I'm going to be really surprised (and disappointed) if anyone pays him what he wants - even the Yankees weren't willing to take him on for $25M a year, let alone $30M.

Oh there is no doubt he's a selfish pr***...that I can tell you from personal experience...but maybe, according to his contract...that was the 1st day he could claim.

There is a rule about when he can actually do it, but there wouldn't be anything to keep him from talking about it. He could do that whenever he wanted to, which was obviously whenever he thought it would get the most publicity, good or bad...

In the end you need to blame his manager---Scott Boras and not A Rod. That was who spoke to the press. He claims that some of the media would have broken the story anyway but it is hard to see how.

i have to say that ARod comes off the wrong way sometimes but in this case the blame is misplaced---at least in my opinion.

:up

In the end you need to blame his manager---Scott Boras and not A Rod. That was who spoke to the press. He claims that some of the media would have broken the story anyway but it is hard to see how.

i have to say that ARod comes off the wrong way sometimes but in this case the blame is misplaced---at least in my opinion.

Seriously... absolutely no reason for him to reconfirm that. The type of egomaniac he is has been clearly understood for a long time.

I think someone as high profile as Arod controls the timing of everything out of his camp. I bet Boras doesnt even pee without Arods permission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)