Arod to opt out of contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think someone as high profile as Arod controls the timing of everything out of his camp. I bet Boras doesnt even pee without Arods permission.

Well there is nothing to substantiate that speculation. let's be clear I do not care for ARod most of the time but it was Boras that made the announcement and the media that gave it so much play during the game. We can guess/surmise/Assume/speculate that Arod knew about it or planned it all but we don't know that and Mr. Boras is certainly capable of grasping the significance of the timing---and he takesa pretty active riole in maging his client's careers/

Last edited:
I can tell you that Major League Baseball is furious with A-Rod and Boras for doing this during the World Series. There is an unwritten rule in MLB that nothing is transacted, no announcements are made, no regular season awards are done--nothing--during the World Series because that is what takes center stage.

Both Boras and A-Rod are to blame for trying to upstage the World Series. Shame on both of those a**holes!

The rule about announcements during the World Series is not just an unwritten one---it is indeed an official rule. But it applies to the teams and not to agents. Baseball can and does make exceptions when they think that news may leak anyway but they really don't like to. there were in fact stories about the possibility of the Yankee getting an exception from Selig to name a new manager---though they did a good job of delaying it.

having said that no one is condoning what happened. In my case I am simply saying that we can't leap to the conclusion that ARod was involved in the timing---but it is clear that Boras was. And contrary to what some may think Boras is no puppet. He has a reputation for being a tough negotiator and using the media to help in all his negotiations. Do I know that Arod did not know about this? No of course not. I am just saying that Boras who actually made the announcement is the one that should get the lion's share of the blame.

In fact at thsi point Boras is even admitting it is his fault.

Last edited:
What surprises me is he actually thinks he is worth more than he is already making, despite the fact he is the biggest playoff choker in baseball history! Worse than Dave Winfield and Barry Bonds!

Salsa, i was curious what is your personal expirience with Arod that he is a pr***? I am curious to know.

What surprises me is he actually thinks he is worth more than he is already making, despite the fact he is the biggest playoff choker in baseball history! Worse than Dave Winfield and Barry Bonds!

Salsa, i was curious what is your personal expirience with Arod that he is a pr***? I am curious to know.

I am the assistant head coach of one of his old high school rivals down here(he went to Miami Christian) and he was sponsoring a basketball tournament. Let's just say, he did not want anyone to "touch him" AND he "was not signing anything for anyone because this tournament is already coming out of my pocket"....all of this with a great smile on his face because it was loud and no one can hear him. I also had a situation when he was in Seattle, he had been recovering from an injury in 1999...and he wanted to rehab down at a local high school. I had some guys having an impromptu workout and he refused to workout with some "little boys that are still in high school"....mind you they had just graduted from high school and it was a private workout for a hand full of Major League scouts I had setup....hell, he was not even invited...he just saw that the park was closed for a private workout....so he wanted to take advantage.

Last edited:
In the end you need to blame his manager---Scott Boras and not A Rod. That was who spoke to the press. He claims that some of the media would have broken the story anyway but it is hard to see how.

i have to say that ARod comes off the wrong way sometimes but in this case the blame is misplaced---at least in my opinion.
Blame A-rod as he is on Boras's leash...

In the end you need to blame his manager---Scott Boras and not A Rod. That was who spoke to the press. He claims that some of the media would have broken the story anyway but it is hard to see how.

i have to say that ARod comes off the wrong way sometimes but in this case the blame is misplaced---at least in my opinion.

If the next announcement is from A-Rod saying he's fired Boras, then I'll buy into this. Otherwise, no dice. Boras works for him, and I'm sure ARod knew he was going to do it.

You can be sure of anything you want. Firing him would say that Rodriguez is pissed off but keeping him just proves that ARod thinks that thee guy isa good agent. And frankly when you look at the deal he got him with texas you can see why ARod might think that and would put up with with anything else---and it si not like he is not used to bad publicity.

That doesn't change the fact that Boras is, in essence, ARod's employee. When an employee does something wrong on the job, the employer is the one that takes the blame, at least in the real world.

It is not really an employer employee relationship. If you guys want to blame ARod you can but all I am saying is that we don't know what we he actually knew and there are plenty of other things to blame Arod for.

it looked to me like it was all set up.go back and listen to it again during the game.to me it sounded like he had all that prepared ,and not a incoming suprise, spur of the moment type deal.pretty lame!

It definitely frees up $ 7 mill a year from the current salary part of the deal. It may or may not free up another $3 million per year in deferred compensation. It depends on who you talk to there.

No bid from the Tigers... they dealt with Atlanta to get Renteria!

The pundits on ESPN are still insisting that the Detroit Tigers are still in the mix for A-Rod's services. Heard that today. Personally I don't see it happening, but then my name isn't Illitch either.

Given Boras' penchant for the limelight, look for the contract signing to be announced during halftime of the Super Bowl.

Boras told the Yankee's yesterday that the bidding floor for A-Rod to remain a Yankee is $350M. No freakin' way anybody is going to shell out that kind of money. Ridiculous.

I agree. Boras will find another stupid owner to shell out all this $$. I hope he does not find anything and A-Rod finds out that he can only get 18m per year. That will be a good laugh and it will bring down both A-Rod and Boras from their egocentric attitude.

I agree. Boras will find another stupid owner to shell out all this $$. I hope he does not find anything and A-Rod finds out that he can only get 18m per year. That will be a good laugh and it will bring down both A-Rod and Boras from their egocentric attitude.

A-Rod was willing to sign for much less when he was headed to Boston , until the Players Assoc stepped in ... before he signed with NY.

If he came to Detroit for 18M or under, Illich might listen. :up

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)