Arrrgh! abc is all yellow..missed a recording

Tonio

Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
For several days now, abc HD has been intermitently going all yellow. No video or audio. I didn't bother checking to see if the Lost episode tonight was recording properly, until 30 minutes into it...that's when I found the yellow screen of death. I switched to the standard def abc channel and it was coming in ok, so I got the last 30 minutes, but this is not good.
Any ideas about what the problem is? My 622 has only given me one other incidence of weirdness, when it freaked out having 2 programs record simultaneously...one of them had the pink screen of death, but it only happened a couple times.

My local ABC in Atlanta on the 129 satellite has done the very same thing over the last few days - loose audio and video and the whole screen turns yellow - I also thought this was very strange - mine is in very short spurts like 5 to 10 seconds at a time - No OTA here

Sounds like Dish is using one of their HD receivers to get the OTA digital and send it to the uplink. When the signal is lost, the yellow screen gets uplinked.

It appears that you are paying for the yellow only option of your locals which costs $5 per month. At $6 per month you get yellow and blue. At $7 per month you get all three colors. Call customer service and they should be able to upgrade you. This only works though if you have not had HBO or Cinemax in the past 6 months. Otherwise you will need to pay a $40 color activation fee and an 18 month commitment. Again, call customer service; however, you may need to call three or four times to get the right charges figures out.

;)

I just HAVE to have my "Lost". So, I record it OTA before it goes through the Dish Down-Rez. Get an antenna hooked up to that 622 - it's worth it.

You can even record 3 tuners at once.

For several days now, abc HD has been intermitently going all yellow. No video or audio. I didn't bother checking to see if the Lost episode tonight was recording properly, until 30 minutes into it...that's when I found the yellow screen of death. I switched to the standard def abc channel and it was coming in ok, so I got the last 30 minutes, but this is not good.
Any ideas about what the problem is? My 622 has only given me one other incidence of weirdness, when it freaked out having 2 programs record simultaneously...one of them had the pink screen of death, but it only happened a couple times.

I'm guessing you are in the Sacramento area..News10 is having an issue and brought down their OTA feed until they resolve it..The only way to get ABC in HD is via Surewest or Comcast because they have a fiber-link....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts