Do I have a legitimate complaint?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

humfreybear

Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Texas
I've been lurking for the past several months & have learned some valuable information here. Since I have a problem with Dish Network at the moment, I thought I would sign up & hopefully get some great advice to see if I'm being nitpicky or if I have a valid argument. Here goes:

Back in October I upgraded to a 722 which meant that I qualified for the 6 months free HD programming. This meant that my free HD programming would last until April, right? Wrong. While I did receive the full $120 credit, my last credit adjustment was on January 31. Here is the breakdown of the adjustments on my bill:

1) November 7, 2007 bill:
(a) October 11 - DishHD Free 1 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(b) October 11 - DishHD Free 2 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(c) October 30 - DishHD Free 3 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(2) December 7, 2007 bill:
(a) November 29 - DishHD Free 4 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(3) January 7, 2008 bill:
(a) December 30 - DishHD Free 5 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(4) February 7, 2008 bill:
(a) January 31, 2008 - DishHD Free 6 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00

Now math wasn't my best subject in school, but that only looks like 4 months, doesn't it? What idiot in the billing department decided to take $60.00 out of one bill? I am being cheated out of 2 months. I know I got the full $120 credit, but that's not the point. I signed up for 6 free months, not 4.

I did call the billing department & they said there was nothing they could do. They couldn't issue me additional free credits. Why should I be penalized for their mistake? I also emailed ceo@echostar.com twice (the first time they ignored me) & got the same response - "I also checked the account and you received the full six months of the HD package. The last credit was issued on January 30th."

Thanks for letting me vent. ;) Any advice is greatly appreciated.

They did similar things with ours (I don't remember exact dates, but I know we had like 3 months of credits on 1 month). Our thought was that by the time the 6 months are up, we would have paid the exact same price, so it wasn't worth even calling Dish about.

Geoff

yup - they gave you enough money to cover 6 months worth of HD programming - that is what you were promised - that is what you got - you have no complaint. would you like them to debit your account for $40 and then give that back to you over the next two months ? I can't see your argumetn here - I'm sorry .. use the $40 that you have already saved to pay off the $40 that you will be charged over the next two months.

I've been lurking for the past several months & have learned some valuable information here. Since I have a problem with Dish Network at the moment, I thought I would sign up & hopefully get some great advice to see if I'm being nitpicky or if I have a valid argument. Here goes:

Back in October I upgraded to a 722 which meant that I qualified for the 6 months free HD programming. This meant that my free HD programming would last until April, right? Wrong. While I did receive the full $120 credit, my last credit adjustment was on January 31. Here is the breakdown of the adjustments on my bill:

1) November 7, 2007 bill:
(a) October 11 - DishHD Free 1 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(b) October 11 - DishHD Free 2 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(c) October 30 - DishHD Free 3 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(2) December 7, 2007 bill:
(a) November 29 - DishHD Free 4 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(3) January 7, 2008 bill:
(a) December 30 - DishHD Free 5 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(4) February 7, 2008 bill:
(a) January 31, 2008 - DishHD Free 6 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00

Now math wasn't my best subject in school, but that only looks like 4 months, doesn't it? What idiot in the billing department decided to take $60.00 out of one bill? I am being cheated out of 2 months. I know I got the full $120 credit, but that's not the point. I signed up for 6 free months, not 4.

I did call the billing department & they said there was nothing they could do. They couldn't issue me additional free credits. Why should I be penalized for their mistake? I also emailed ceo@echostar.com twice (the first time they ignored me) & got the same response - "I also checked the account and you received the full six months of the HD package. The last credit was issued on January 30th."

Thanks for letting me vent. ;) Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Since ther are six separate adjustments it looks like you got it. Are we missing something? I admit it is an odd way to do it but I would rather have money now rather than later.

There's a point! they always have the right to make changes to the lineup but if the pricewere to go up beyond the announced increase I can see the compalint.

Probably has something to do with them wanting you to pay in advance for your programming. Most of us pay for the month ahead, not prior so it could have also been the date during the month that you switched.

You're coming out ahead here. Hypothetically you could take the money you received early, put it into a savings account and earn interest until you have to use it to cover the $20 HD fees on a future bill.

It might be a little strange, but Dish didn't harm you in any way by paying you early.

I just upgraded to HD under the same promotion. My account shows 2 - $20 credits issued the same day. I see nothing to be upset about. I'm actually pretty happy about it.

How are you getting cheated??? Instead of getting $80 now and $40 later, you got $120 now. You probably could even look at this like you are getting the better deal. Instead of Dish holding on to your money for a couple of more months, they're giving it to you now.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

I know I should be happy that I received the full $120 credit. What really bothers me is that the offer is a little misleading. When I signed up, I expected $20.00 to be credited to my account for the next 6 months. I guess I was stupid to even think that. Dish Network didn't say that "we may credit your account $60.00 one month or $40.00 one month, etc". If this is the case, what if Dish decided to credit a subscriber's account the full $120 on one bill? Would anyone here be happy that you only got one actual month of free programming? I know I wouldn't. You may be getting 6 months credit, but you're actually getting free HD for one lousy month.

I know some of you said that it probably won't make that big a difference on my future bills & that I might even come out ahead. However, I could actually use that extra $20 that would've been credited probably in March. Tax season is here & I do have to pay the IRS this year.

Thanks again!

I'm probably not going to keep HD anyway. Personally, I can't tell the difference between it & SD.

what if Dish decided to credit a subscriber's account the full $120 on one bill? Would anyone here be happy that you only got one actual month of free programming? I know I wouldn't. You may be getting 6 months credit, but you're actually getting free HD for one lousy month.
I would. I would take the money I saved and put it into an account to gain interest over the six months that Dish would have otherwise been holding it :)

I'm probably not going to keep HD anyway. Personally, I can't tell the difference between it & SD.

If you really can not see the difference between SD and HD then something is wrong. Either your eyes or your TV or maybe both.:D

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

I know I should be happy that I received the full $120 credit. What really bothers me is that the offer is a little misleading. When I signed up, I expected $20.00 to be credited to my account for the next 6 months. I guess I was stupid to even think that. Dish Network didn't say that "we may credit your account $60.00 one month or $40.00 one month, etc". If this is the case, what if Dish decided to credit a subscriber's account the full $120 on one bill? Would anyone here be happy that you only got one actual month of free programming? I know I wouldn't. You may be getting 6 months credit, but you're actually getting free HD for one lousy month.

That statement makes no sense. Guess the extra $100 on that one bill came from nowhere and has nothing to do with the HD package. If you are so worried about having enough money for tax season, put the money you didn't send to dish and put it into an account to have it come April rather than spending it one something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts