Art Bell quits SiriusXM after only two months.

From Artbell.COM

TO ALL OUR FANS, LISTENERS AND WEB VISITORS
We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We are examining our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

We have already identified many ways to bring a LIVE stream to you, it's now just a contractual issue. We're hoping to get Art released from SiriusXM contract so he can come back on Internet LIVE Streaming. We already have the technology in place, just waiting for the lawyers.

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often.

So I've never listened to his show and I didn't even know who he was but I read the article. It sounds like he canceled his show because SiriusXM wouldn't let him stream it on his own website for free. I think it's great that he wants his show available for free but that's easy to say when he isn't the one paying for it. If he wanted to stream on his own website he should have talked about that during contract negotiations. You don't sell your show to SiriusXM and then demand to offer it free on your own website afterwords.

The only way SiriusXM will continue to survive is by keeping exclusive Howard Stern and other talk radio. Music is available from streaming services in better quality without DJ's and ads. If they start letting their talk shows stream for free many people won't have a reason to pay for SirusXM anymore.

If they keep allowing subs to renew for 5 months at $25/30 they won't stay in business either. :)

If they keep allowing subs to renew for 5 months at $25/30 they won't stay in business either. :)

And if they stop, they wont have any customers left. Who in their right mind would pay >$16/month for that crap?

And if they stop, they wont have any customers left. Who in their right mind would pay >$16/month for that crap?

Exactly. I tell that to the reps every time I renew. I tell them this isn't worth the full sub price.

Ditto that! Haven't paid full price for three years. If they push it, I am gone. I like the service, but their full price is not a value to me.

Art Bell is still alive?

I didnt know who Art Bell was until I got stuck in traffic coming back from a UFC event in Montreal... Dude was talking about how Hitler was using Alien technology given to him by the occult.
If anything, he's an interesting character

I could not imagine satellite radio turning itself into a pale imitation of terrestrial radio but now that it has happened you hae to ask why anyone pays for it. If not for the sports I probably would not.

When I first signed up for XM Radio many moons ago the price was $9.99/month. At that price I felt it was a good deal. Then little by little the prices started creeping up. Later I bought a car with a Sirius Radio. I was told that it had a lifetime subscription. The subscription stopped working after 6 months. This was after the merger. Since Sirius and XM were the same company I figured I could add my Sirius radio to my XM account. Called up SiriusXM and they said no dice. Even though they were now the same company the services were separate. So to keep two radios going would have costed around $30/month. Yeah, I think I'll pass.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I liked Art Bell's show a lot when he was on terrestrial radio. So the idea of Art coming to satellite radio was intriguing. I just about renewed the subscription on one of my radios. I'm glad I didn’t.

BTW - Art's recommendation for streaming the show on his website came about in part due to the SiriusXM streaming service not performing up to par. People were missing the show.

Anyone wanting to listen to Art's old shows can do so here. http://www.u7radio.org/

Hmmm... I'm not sure I'm following the logic here. George Noorey is no substitute for Art Bell. IMHO the only people getting "stuck" are the subscribers.

That Bell has been rung too many times; personally I was glad to see George, John B and Knapp anchor Coast to Coast dumping Bell's 2 week goofy show and return Coast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)