Artificial video subscriber numbers

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Since cord cutting, Comcast is offering a package that includes performance internet, HBO or Showtime your choice, and local channels. It's cheaper than performance internet alone by over 10.00 per month. Wouldn't this qualify the subscriber as a "video" customer even though they were looking to cut the cord and artificially inflate their numbers?? Technically they are a video subscriber, but I can guarantee you the customer is streaming more Netflix, Sling TV, or Vue than actually watching cable!!

This isn't new. They have done this in certain markets for years. When I lived outside of Houston I was a 'cable subscriber' because it was cheaper than internet alone. They did eventually take away the discount and I dropped the TV coverage.

This isn't new. They have done this in certain markets for years. When I lived outside of Houston I was a 'cable subscriber' because it was cheaper than internet alone. They did eventually take away the discount and I dropped the TV coverage.
Yeah, it's only good for a year. Then I'll probably drop tv part. One thing I've done, is I took Starz and Encore through Sling, but I subscribe to Cinemax on cable. The reason is Sling only offers 1 channel of Cinemax for $10.00 where for $12.00 I get like 7 or 8 through cable. And I get Showtime through the cable package which Sling doesn't offer.

We sell this all the time. It's actually $15 more than just getting internet.

Lots of customers get this out of ignorance, thinking it includes basic channels like CNN and ESPN.

The idea is you put in a crap package and the customers will eventually give in and upgrade

We sell this all the time. It's actually $15 more than just getting internet.

Lots of customers get this out of ignorance, thinking it includes basic channels like CNN and ESPN.

The idea is you put in a crap package and the customers will eventually give in and upgrade
My package is 54.99. Preferred alone is 64.99. But after a year it does go up, at which time I'll have to make a decision. My hope is Sling TV adds more multi channels of their movie channels in the next year. **Here's wishing**

My package is 54.99. Preferred alone is 64.99. But after a year it does go up, at which time I'll have to make a decision. My hope is Sling TV adds more multi channels of their movie channels in the next year. **Here's wishing**
And yes, it's the crap digital economy and internet. Here, no sports channels included.

The nice thing about Comcast is that they will easily let you go on a new promotion after your promotion expires.

Look at the $89.99 double play with $75 internet and digital starter.

They do for me but that is only because they have competition ( Charter and Uverse are in my area ), if not for them I have no doubt my prices would be a lot higher.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Competition does make a difference.

I can tell you this, they hate AT&T universe with a passion, and any other competing cable company such as WOW.

They really don't seem to care about Dish and Directv.

They had a booth at a show and AT&T was in the next aisle. They gave us an extra $15 off per month for a year so we could say we where cheaper.

Keep in mind I'm one of the largest Comcast retailers in the heartland region.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts