as of right now CHILLER is now active

Its funny, you don't hear anymore from them folks that was all pumped up about getting chiller. It only took a few weeks to see that Chiller offer very few chills :p

btw: Horrible horrible PQ................. Shame on you Dishnet:eek:

Chiller via C-band for the past 1.5 years

Its funny, you don't hear anymore from them folks that was all pumped up about getting chiller. It only took a few weeks to see that Chiller offer very few chills :p

btw: Horrible horrible PQ................. Shame on you Dishnet:eek:

Chiller via C-band for the past 1.5 years

I was interested in it for a lot of the old TV series (Friday the 13th, Freddy's Nightmares, etc). Probably many people, like me, found that their memory of these shows was better than these shows ever were. Of course the atrocious picture quality makes watching them a real pain.

Why only 250 and higher. I only have 200. :mad:

Could it be that Chiller is in the higher tiers to prevent those angery about loosing Monsters HD from reducing their packages? Hmmmm....

With my DVR, almost all of those old 80s & 90s TV shows have already been recorded; soon I'll have every episode from each series/season. In a few more weeks all have the complete series from Night Gallery, Freddy's Nightmares, Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

We're talking reruns of reruns of reruns.

In one or two months, all there/these shows will be repeated and repeated just as bad if not worse than anything Monsters HD repeated.

Could it be that Chiller is in the higher tiers to prevent those angery about loosing Monsters HD from reducing their packages? Hmmmm....

No one is foolish enuff to take dishnet's spin that Chiller is a replacement for Monster-HD. A csr tired that line on me when I called about voom being removed. You must think I'm stupid I started off with, then I just let it go because I realize he was just repeating what he was told.

I watch it occasionally. I was always a fan of the old Alfred Hitchcock series and it is nice to see it again.

No one is foolish enuff to take dishnet's spin that Chiller is a replacement for Monster-HD. A csr tired that line on me when I called about voom being removed. You must think I'm stupid I started off with, then I just let it go because I realize he was just repeating what he was told.

I got the same line about Chiller being a replacement for MONSTER HD. After I got through laughing, I explained to the csr I want HD with NO COMMERCIALS and UNEDITED MOVIES. I think they read these lines off a pre-printed sheet.

I got the same line about Chiller being a replacement for MONSTER HD. After I got through laughing, I explained to the csr I want HD with NO COMMERCIALS and UNEDITED MOVIES. I think they read these lines off a pre-printed sheet.

You should have asked the CSR if they know the difference between SD and HD no Chiller is not a replacement for Monster HD is Charlie the tuna and his gang that stupid??

If they had another monster like channel in hd then you can say it is a replacement hey they sorta of do and that is SCI FI HD sorta of.

Hey Charlie the tuna whenever we talk about an HD channel do not bring up an SD program ARGGH

Dish got Chiller-SD only to get NBCU suite of channels in HD like Bravo-HD, CNBC+-HD, USA-HD, and SCI-FI that many people wanted. Now, E* has the entire NBCU channels available. Chiller is not a greater channel (my opinion), but E* didn't get the channel because of VOOM. CSR are under pressure to find an alternative to VOOM programming. There are no plans to launch Chiller-HD due to fact that the channel loses money and weak ad support for the channel. If the channel (Chiller) is a failure, then NBCU relaunch new channel. Example: Trio now Sleuth. If you want Monsters-HD back send them an e-mail. I am sure that Dish and VOOM are studying their opinions. Odds are VOOM LLC will shut down US operations at the end of June.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts