as of right now CHILLER is now active

first of all the at250 is only like 5-6 bucks more than the at200, second of all its stupid to think that everytime a new channel is added EVERYONE should get it. They have packages for a reason.

AT250 is the package they negotiated to put the channel in, like it or not ,Chiller is a niche channel that not everyone one wants, so it would be silly to put it in a lower package if they don't have to by contract

AT250 is the package they negotiated to put the channel in, like it or not ,Chiller is a niche channel that not everyone one wants, so it would be silly to put it in a lower package if they don't have to by contract

Exactly. Pretty much, every new channel that comes about is going straight to the 250 pack, unless the channel provider demands it be in the lower packages as part of the contract. The way it works, is Dish wants as much as possible in the most expensive packages to maximize revenue. The channel providers want as much as possible in the lowest packages to maximize viewership.

Well I think that the picture quality looks pretty good on Virus playing right now on CHiller. I have DIrectv as well and the pq looks God awfull on Directv. The facial smearing and overcompression is terrible and I see it even on the analog tv . On DISH it looks pretty good on both my hd an sd tvs. A lot of the shows filmed in the 80s were done on video tape which is why the pq looks like video tape . Shows like Friday the 13th the series, Tales of the Crypt, Tales of the Darkside etc. Anything that was filmed will look better. I don't know what will happen if they do an hd version of this channel in regards to old video taped shows. I know I tried to watch Tales of the Darkside on Sci fi HD channel and it too looked pretty bad like old video tape with black bars on the sides of the screen. I am still happy to have CHiller on DISH. I will watch a lot of programming on this channel compared to Monsters hd. THis channel is more well rounded with a lot of programming choices that Monster's HD should of had.

first of all the at250 is only like 5-6 bucks more than the at200, second of all its stupid to think that everytime a new channel is added EVERYONE should get it. They have packages for a reason.

I've got AT100, Locals, +HD channels on a VIP622 (owned) receiver, and I'm already paying $63.00 a month for service! If I'd go for the AT250, that would add another $22 to that price.

Last edited:
Oh... I think we all understand the reasons (contract, economics, etc) why it's in the 250 and above package. It's just "the man" wanting more out of the little guys that get's me. Try explaining to your wife why we need to spend more money for more channels. It was hard enough trying to convince her to get HD. hahaha :)

I've got AT100, Locals, +HD channels on a VIP622 (owned) receiver, and I'm already paying $63.00 a month for service! If I'd go for the AT250, that would add another $20 to that price.

my statement was in terms of going from AT200 to AT250. However in your case its even MORE rediculous to feel in entitled to a new niche channel.

my statement was in terms of going from AT200 to AT250. However in your case its even MORE rediculous to feel in entitled to a new niche channel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to pay a bit more for particular channels or service, and I really wanted Chiller. $5 or $6 and I wouldn't really think longer than a couple minutes to jump on it. However, a $22.00 difference is enough of a jump that I'll have to think over my priorities a bit more.

Well that's odd. I have two receivers. One receiver has channel 199 and the other does not. I tried a check switch but still no Chiller channel.

So now are we compalining about the fact that we ARE getting trhe channel?

Yep, it's called the "human condition". This is what happens when consumerism goes wild. Nothing is enough. Nothing is good enough. Nothing satisfies. What a way to live ones life.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)