As to "HD Platinum"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
I just concluded a chat with a CSR:

I have pasted same.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today.

Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-21rfec#) Jessie H.QM1:

I'd be happy to assist you with that.

I am glad to tell you this rumor is just that, a rumor. HD platinum pricing is not changing.

Ok, I will paste your response and share it with the other's at "Satelite guys". Thanks.

Okay....

Until six or so months ago for HD you had the following options:
1) Add HD versions of existing channels in your package (Bronze, Gold, Silver) for $10
-------This included HDNet (not HDNet Movies), HD Theater and Palladia
2) Add HD Platinum for ANOTHER $10 a month.
-------This included HDNet Movies, MGM, Logo, Centric, World Fishing Network, MAV TV.
So if you wanted Gold/Silver/Bronze AND Platinum, it would cost you $20/mo on top of your regular subscription.

About Six months ago or more a third "super-secret" option became available for existing subs. It was available to all new subs automatically.
HD Gold/Silver/Bronze AND Platinum for $10/mo total.
Existing subscribers paying $20 a month essentially had to drop all HD programming and immediately add the new HD+Platinum for $10 a month. If you were an existing subscriber with Gold/Silver/Bronze AND platinum for $20 a month and you did not know about this super-secret way of getting a $10 discount, Dish was more than happy to just take the extra $10 without so much as a thank you for paying too much for this muffler.

WE COME TO THE CURRENT SITUATION

This month, Dish is starting a new promotion (Free HD for life) that ELIMINATES the Gold/Sililver/Bronze HD packages altogether. The will be INCLUDED in the America's Top packages. New customers automatically get the "free HD" channels. (With 2 year commitment + CC Autopay
HOWEVER, if the customers want the Platinum package (channels that do not have SD counterparts), they can subscribe to this package for $10 a month. Platinum was NEVER EVER going to be "free for life".

Existing subscribers with Gold/Silver/Bronze + Platinum for $10 a month will see absolutely no change in their HD billing and are automatically rolled over into the new "regular" HD package for free and Platinum for $10.

And here is a kick in the nuts for the existing customers who weren't savvy enough to take advantage of switching to the HD Gold/Silver/Bronze+Platinum for $10 over the last several months. (IF I AM READING THE PROMO CORRECTLY) Existing subscribers to HD Gold/Silver/Bronze for $10 a month (regardless of whether they have Platinum for another $10 a month or not) would have to pay $99 PLUS a two year commitment+CC autopay to get the HD Gold/Silver/Platinum "free" for life. Basically pay 10 month's subscription ahead and you are guaranteed you will never be charged for these HD channels ever again. PLATINUM CHANNELS ARE STILL $10 MORE A MONTH. That never changed and was never part of the change.

Again, if I am reading this right, existing subscribers who have Gold/Silver/Bronze for $10 still have a couple of days to change their package now. There would be no additional cost to get platinum and if they already have platinum they can get both for $10 less. You can do this online. Go to your programming options and DROP ALL HD PROGRAMMING FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. SAVE THE CHANGES (you may get hit with a $5 downgrade fee). Then IMMEDIATELY go back to your programming options. You will see that the only HD option available is Gold/Silver/Bronze + Platinum for $10 a month. Select that and save it. Within minutes you will be getting the platinum channels at no extra charge if you didn't already have them. Or for $10 a month less if you already did.

Confused yet?

Read ONE PART AT A TIME. Absorb each part separately and do not try to apply one part to another. They are all separate thoughts. :)

It is really a lot more simple than the explanation

See ya
Tony

Makes sense.

I have not had any HD (other than the locals) for the past several months. I added HD today - I have AT250. When I added HD Gold, it automatically also added Platinum for free for $10.

After June 3, will I be able to drop Platinum and retain the Gold HD channels? So, essentially will I be able to get HD channels as part of the SD AT250 that I had been getting all along? Thanks.

Tony, my understanding was, if you had $20 metal HD+platinum or metal HD alone, that you should drop both and NOT SAVE but enter and go back to add back the combo metal HD+platinum for $10 and then save with no downgrade fee--at worst $5.
-Ken

This is really great. I have an annual basic package (Annual Classic Silver 200) and can't make any changes to my programming online. I have the Silver HD pack and dropped Platinum last year when it was adding no value to what I like to watch. Now they've spiced it up a bit and it may be worthwhile again, but because they absolutely punish annual subscribers I can't take advantage of the "offer", if you want to call it that.

What marketing folks are telling companies that it's a good thing to screw over existing, long term customers? I just saw a new ad for Ally Bank that addresses this. The kid that's already there playing gets nothing, while the new kid that walks in gets showered with goodies. But if the first kid walks out and then comes back in, the dude says that no, you're not really a new customer and he still gets nothing. Boy, can I relate to that!

sigmtr

Tony, my understanding was, if you had $20 metal HD+platinum or metal HD alone, that you should drop both and NOT SAVE but enter and go back to add back the combo metal HD+platinum for $10 and then save with no downgrade fee--at worst $5.
-Ken

I tried that and I get an error message stating that I can only drop one channel/package online every 12 months. If I wanted to drop anything else, I had to call in. What's up with that?

Since when is the AT200 an annual package? The only annual package we have is the sports pack we paid for a year in advance. We can't do this online. Think calling them to do this would work?

(In the back of my mind I see myself getting screwed again with anything "free" from Dish)

Since when is the AT200 an annual package? The only annual package we have is the sports pack we paid for a year in advance. We can't do this online. Think calling them to do this would work?

(In the back of my mind I see myself getting screwed again with anything "free" from Dish)

I was just calling it what was printed on my last bill for that package. On the website it now says "Annual America's Top 200" without the word Silver, but I gather those metal words went away with the last package changes.

As I understood from a support rep some time ago, having an annual package of any kind (pre-paying for a full year and getting close to a full month free) disqualifies you for ANY other special offers. So I never call about these things since that's the standard answer every time. I think you can pre-pay on any core package, but beware of this restriction.

sigmtr

Several years ago when I paid annually, and still had 7 months paid, I needed something from Dish, and tried to strong-arm them...well...they just laughed at me. :hammer on head:
I'm a quick learner though. :)

So is the best bet right now to subscribe to the HD package for users that do not have it to get the best benefit.

I saw online 'HD & Platinum' for $10, but could not add it, it gave me some error, so I went on Chat and got the HD package added, I hope it is the same I saw online in my account.

I just dont want to sign a contract for a HD package after June 3.

Here is a transcript (appropriately edited only for privacy, colored key Q&A and some smart-a** smiles) of my discussion a few minutes ago:
-----Original Message-----
From: tech.training@Dishnetwork.com [mailto:tech.training@Dishnetwork.com]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 12:58 PM
To: Customer
Subject: Your Transcript

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: I am sorry. We do not have information on that yet.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Please contact us back after 06/03/2010.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: We will be happy to answer your questions.
Customer : As I understand it if I am still paying for HD Gold as of today I will not get a "free" HD service (after 3 June 2010) without a $99 fee or 24 month commitment. This benefit will only apply to new customers. This is why I need the information before 3 June.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Thank you for the information.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Let me check with my resources.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Thank you for your time.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: I have checked with my resources.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: After 06/03/2010, you can get HD for life by paying activation fee of $99.00 or by committing to a 24 month agreement. :mad:
Customer : Am I qualified for the free HD for life with my current account commitment and 12 year customer relationship?
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Yes, you can get HD free for life by committing to a 24 month agreement.
Customer : Does this free HD also include Platinum HD?
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Yes. :rolleyes:
Customer : OK, thank you for the clarifications. I'm done.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: You're welcome.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Bye!

Note that I have the following current billing statement:

Gold HD @ $10
HD DuoDVR @ $17
Platinum HD @ $10
Platinum HD A $-10 (credit)
Service Plan @ $6
AE Package @ $99.99
DVR Service @ $6
Loyalty @ $-2 (silly credit)

Total $136.99

Should I trust this response? Is there a better solution ofr me before 3 June?

You guys, im still SUPER confused here. I have Dish Latino MAX with HD and Platinum Hd. What will happen to me after june 3rd? Im only paying 10$ for HD and platinum Hd. So will i be paying 20$ for these same services? If yes, what can i do about it? Seriously, i have read a bunch of these posts but i still dont get it!
Please help me!

You guys, im still SUPER confused here. I have Dish Latino MAX with HD and Platinum Hd. What will happen to me after june 3rd? Im only paying 10$ for HD and platinum Hd. So will i be paying 20$ for these same services? If yes, what can i do about it? Seriously, i have read a bunch of these posts but i still dont get it!
Please help me!
It's not that complicated. You're already grandfathered into free hd for life. If you keep platinum, you pay $10.00...like you are now. The only increase you will be paying is for your base package.

It's not that complicated. You're already grandfathered into free hd for life. If you keep platinum, you pay $10.00...like you are now. The only increase you will be paying is for your base package.

You know the folks here will make it complicated. I bet Dish has to hire an extra village in India to handle calls when Scott posts anything about Dish price changes.

Ahh i see, so i will get free hd, and if i keep platinum, ill pay 10$, which is what i have now. I was thinking it was like that, but i was still kind of unsure, thanks bud! Maybe ill cancel platinum just to get the multi-sports package.
thanks!

You know the folks here will make it complicated.

A few scream complicated and robbery without taking the time to read. And some just read what they want to...or read into what they want to.

what about those of us who are bundled with ATT and can't use the website

You can have access to dish online. I called to swing my dish a few weeks ago and talked to very helpful CSR. After setting up service I questioned him on this subject. He gave me my account number needed to register with Dish. Problem solved. I would not try to pay your bill thru Dish website, but I think everthing else is okay to use. Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts