ASC1 Dish Positioner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hillbillybill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2016
Rosston, Arkansas
I would like to take a moment and comment on my ASC1 dish positioner I recently purchased from Titanium Satellite. I am a newbie to this hobby and am just learning about FTA systems and the associated equipment. I'd been moving my dish with a homemade device that did nothing more than just apply power to my actuator motor. Finding the desired satellite was not an easy task. Therefore, I tried to move my dish as little as possible. I had been wanting a dish positioner, but one was just out of my budget. I finally decided I would just have to make a sacrifice and purchase a positioner. I found one out of Canada and almost purchased it. I put it off because the pictures of the machine made it look cheap. I had already tried adapting an OTA antenna positioner to work on my dish and the transformer burned out before I could even get it finished. My thoughts about the positioner I was considering buying was that its transformer would not be any better. I came across an ad for the ASC1 positioner and its looks seemed impressive. The specs claimed it was almost twice the weight of the positioner I was looking at so I figured all that weight must come from the transformer. But it still was more than my budget could afford. I then discovered on the Titanium Satellite website an ASC1 positioner being listed at a discounted price. After talking to Brian, the owner of the company, I found out the item was marked down due to a cosmetic disformity. The price was just slightly above the cost + shipping of the positioner I was considering. The decision in my mind was already made. I ordered the ASC1.
I was first impressed by the ASC1 because after joining a few of the FTA forums I noticed right away that almost all the members own and use the ASC1. Surely this must be because it is a superior product. Reading the post from these guys many of them can probably afford any piece of equipment they want. They only want the best and they all seem to agree that the ASC1 is the best.
I have been impressed from the very beginning. First, I found out Brian is not just the owner of the company, he is also the person who designed the machine. When I received the item, I was impressed at the looks of the equipment. It wasn't some cheap piece of electronics hidden in a plastic case. It is housed handsomely in a heavy metal encasing. And that cosmetic blemish... it was nothing more than a tiny scratch.
I'd never hooked up one of these devices and was concerned it might take a lot of work to get it set up properly. I discovered it was relatively easy to set up. When I did have a question, I emailed Brian and had his response in a short time. Again, I was impressed by his support.
I've had my positioner for a couple of weeks now and am completely satisfied with the product. Brian has designed a very good product. Its set-up procedure is simple. Using it is even easier. I now watch any channel I want without giving thoughts as to what satellite it's on.
I believe Brian to be a very good design engineer and look forward to doing more business with him. In fact, I just ordered a C1 PLL LNBF and am anxious to receive it and get it installed. I believe I will likely be impressed with it as well.

I would like to take a moment and comment on my ASC1 dish positioner I recently purchased from Titanium Satellite. I am a newbie to this hobby and am just learning about FTA systems and the associated equipment. I'd been moving my dish with a homemade device that did nothing more than just apply power to my actuator motor. Finding the desired satellite was not an easy task. Therefore, I tried to move my dish as little as possible. I had been wanting a dish positioner, but one was just out of my budget. I finally decided I would just have to make a sacrifice and purchase a positioner. I found one out of Canada and almost purchased it. I put it off because the pictures of the machine made it look cheap. I had already tried adapting an OTA antenna positioner to work on my dish and the transformer burned out before I could even get it finished. My thoughts about the positioner I was considering buying was that its transformer would not be any better. I came across an ad for the ASC1 positioner and its looks seemed impressive. The specs claimed it was almost twice the weight of the positioner I was looking at so I figured all that weight must come from the transformer. But it still was more than my budget could afford. I then discovered on the Titanium Satellite website an ASC1 positioner being listed at a discounted price. After talking to Brian, the owner of the company, I found out the item was marked down due to a cosmetic disformity. The price was just slightly above the cost + shipping of the positioner I was considering. The decision in my mind was already made. I ordered the ASC1.
I was first impressed by the ASC1 because after joining a few of the FTA forums I noticed right away that almost all the members own and use the ASC1. Surely this must be because it is a superior product. Reading the post from these guys many of them can probably afford any piece of equipment they want. They only want the best and they all seem to agree that the ASC1 is the best.
I have been impressed from the very beginning. First, I found out Brian is not just the owner of the company, he is also the person who designed the machine. When I received the item, I was impressed at the looks of the equipment. It wasn't some cheap piece of electronics hidden in a plastic case. It is housed handsomely in a heavy metal encasing. And that cosmetic blemish... it was nothing more than a tiny scratch.
I'd never hooked up one of these devices and was concerned it might take a lot of work to get it set up properly. I discovered it was relatively easy to set up. When I did have a question, I emailed Brian and had his response in a short time. Again, I was impressed by his support.
I've had my positioner for a couple of weeks now and am completely satisfied with the product. Brian has designed a very good product. Its set-up procedure is simple. Using it is even easier. I now watch any channel I want without giving thoughts as to what satellite it's on.
I believe Brian to be a very good design engineer and look forward to doing more business with him. In fact, I just ordered a C1 PLL LNBF and am anxious to receive it and get it installed. I believe I will likely be impressed with it as well.

I just ordered 3 of the Titanium C2-PLL C-band LNBF Dual (2) Outputs Filtered LNBF's from him. I have several dishes and I use nothing other than his LNBF's. You can't go wrong with his products. Good luck with your new device. :)

Reactions: phlatwound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)