aspect issue - what am I doing wrong

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
Beginning this evening, all my HD channels, except terrestrial OTA channels have black bars. HD setup in 722k receiver is set to 1081i. 16*9. Format using dish format key * is set at normal. TV is set to normal. All local HD. .01 channels are free from black bars through receiver- they look normal. All dish channels including HD locals except those I am receiving via antenna have a black bar. The only way to fill the screen is use my TVs 1080p zoom. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Suggestions?

Thanks, soft reset fixes the problem, but I am more concern that I did something and it will happen again or worse there is a problem with my receiver.

No clue. Probably a software bug. I've seen issues similar to that before back when I had my 722Ks. Are you on L751?

L750. I never go to dish interactive. I can live with it being a software bug, this is the first time it has happened - more concerned that there was a hardware issue with my receiver.

Ok. What you described is exactly a known issue when you push that button...... just a guess.

Appreciate the suggestion, but I use a harmony one control and don't have a dish home button on it. I am a frequent victim of known issues, I have several weak OTA stations and if I forgot and leave the receiver tuned to one of them overnight, my satellite recordings fail because of "no signal"., even though the satellite reception is fine - can we call it the OTA tuner bug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts