Assasins Creed now out!

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Going out to buy it in a little bit, I just got an email from ubisoft.
Picking it up for the PS3.
Question, anything different between the two versions? Like extra features?

OK well I got the game, played for about 3 hours and already bored out of my mind, great graphics, I thought the game would have been more simple minded, but there is so much stuff, its like Oblivion, I kinda regret buying it, not the type of game I originally thought would be, It takes hours and hours to get into some good actions.

OK well I got the game, played for about 3 hours and already bored out of my mind, great graphics, I thought the game would have been more simple minded, but there is so much stuff, its like Oblivion, I kinda regret buying it, not the type of game I originally thought would be, It takes hours and hours to get into some good actions.

100% agree with this statement...was thinking of trading it in now for drakes fortune so I dont take toooooo much of a loss.

nothing that I have heard, read somewhere the ps3 is better framerate wise, but that was it, and even then who knows what the truth is.

IGN reports that there are worse frame rates on the PS3 version. I was considering getting a PS3 soon, and since I already have a 360 wanted to figure out which version of AC I would pick up. Based on IGN's review, I would get the 360 version.

to be honest I wouldnt trust ign, sorry to say but they have been proven wrong many times lately. but thats not to say that they arent right, we all know developers have sucked at really using the ps3.

I have heard that this game has been underwhelming, which sucks because it looked and sounded so damn cool. It took them years to get this out too, so they had plenty of time to work out ridiculous kinks like framerate hiccups and issues like lackluster gameplay. I'll still probably check it out, but i hate hearing so much about it sucking:(

~CountySky~
http://www.skywayusa.com/

most higly-graphical games usually have snoozefests for storylines... i haven't seen it up front yet - seen the screenshots and all - i hope it won't be a disappointment...

I don't know if any of you guys read Penny Arcade, but "Gabe" posted this a week or two ago.

Penny Arcade! - AC

For the most part, he seems to say that you need to play it through to really get the full effect of the game.

The post has actually started some heat between him and some guy at IGN that took offense to what he said about game reviews and the people that write them. Today's post and comic are about this.

I'm wondering about this game now, too. I saw this thread when it was posted, but I've read a couple of really good reviews (one of which said the PS3 didn't have the same framerate issues as the 360, or at least not as much), and I'm intrigued. Gamespot gave it a 9.0 and showed an average critic rating of 8.2....

Anyway, it might be one I would think about picking up after Christmas, so I'm wondering if anyone has played a good way into it and has changed their mind? I'd be more interested in the PS3 version, but would take comments from either side since I think the game is basically the same.

I'm wondering about this game now, too. I saw this thread when it was posted, but I've read a couple of really good reviews (one of which said the PS3 didn't have the same framerate issues as the 360, or at least not as much), and I'm intrigued. Gamespot gave it a 9.0 and showed an average critic rating of 8.2....

Anyway, it might be one I would think about picking up after Christmas, so I'm wondering if anyone has played a good way into it and has changed their mind? I'd be more interested in the PS3 version, but would take comments from either side since I think the game is basically the same.

I have the PS3 version, and honestly I haven't incurred in any framerate issues so far, its been running smoothly, and the graphics difference between the 360 and the PS3 version? Well thats some B/S whoever posted the screenshots on the difference between the two systems in graphics then they must be on crack, no difference!

Now as far as the game goes, I've been little deep into the whole story, its a game like Oblivion, you have to get deep into the story to get into some good action, other than that, the beginning is very boring, but I guess if you like games like Oblivion, its anything but disappointment. For me I am already tired of it, I went back playing Motorstorm :p.
I thought initially Assasins Creed was the game we all thought it was, but the game itself going in and out of the animus, well thats just time consuming, a lot of parts get repetitive. If I were you I would rent the game first for a week or so and see if you like it or not, If you do go ahead and pick it up.

Hopefully this helped.

I have the PS3 version, and honestly I haven't incurred in any framerate issues so far, its been running smoothly, and the graphics difference between the 360 and the PS3 version? Well thats some B/S whoever posted the screenshots on the difference between the two systems in graphics then they must be on crack, no difference!

Now as far as the game goes, I've been little deep into the whole story, its a game like Oblivion, you have to get deep into the story to get into some good action, other than that, the beginning is very boring, but I guess if you like games like Oblivion, its anything but disappointment. For me I am already tired of it, I went back playing Motorstorm :p.
I thought initially Assasins Creed was the game we all thought it was, but the game itself going in and out of the animus, well thats just time consuming, a lot of parts get repetitive. If I were you I would rent the game first for a week or so and see if you like it or not, If you do go ahead and pick it up.

Hopefully this helped.

Thanks, that does help. The repetitiveness is the one thing I heard negatively about it... I'll probably hold off on this one for a while - maybe they'll come out with a downloadable demo I can try, or I'll rent it at some point. Need to finish Ratchet, LEGO Star Wars, Motorstorm and whatever I get for Christmas (come on, Uncharted and GHIII!) first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)