Astros not retaining Cruz on coaching staff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That guy used to kill the Reds in the late 70's early 80's. :rant:

They have retained him to another position.

Cruz happy with his new role with the Astros

Chronicle News Services

Oct. 26, 2009, 3:37PM

b

http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/09/26/18729577/260xStory.jpg
260xStory.jpg

Julio Cortez Chronicle

"It’s a new role for me and I’m looking forward to it. It should be exciting,“ Jose Cruz said.

The Astros have named Jose Cruz as a special assistant to the general manager/community outreach executive, general manager Ed Wade announced Monday.

In his new role, Cruz’s duties will include being a part of the Astros spring training staff, visiting minor league affiliates and providing input on the Astros Latin American operations.
During regular season home games, Cruz will be with Wade and other members of his staff in the GM's box to discuss baseball operations.
"Cheo will be terrific in his new role,” Wade said. “He’s an Astros icon and he will be able to have a great impact both inside and outside the organization. Cheo will have a voice in our baseball operations and will also be a face of the franchise out in the community.”
"I’m happy that everything is set,” Cruz said. “I’m an Astro all the way, so I’m very happy. It’s a new role for me and I’m looking forward to it. It should be exciting.“
Cruz will also work with the Astros In Action Foundation as well as the Community Affairs department.
Cruz, 62, has been a member of the Astros organization as a player and coach for 26 seasons. He played 13 years from 1975-1987 and was a two-time All-Star. The team retired his No. 25 jersey in 1992.
Cruz served as first base coach from 1997 until his dismissal from that position earlier this month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts