At $399, Would you buy a Dish DVR 522???

formerx said:
DirecTivo's are $50 after rebate at Circuit City. $100 is their normal price. For a Two-Tuner DVR, $400 just won't be competitive.

Can you give more detail on that rebate (I can't find a current one that includes the model HDVR2 CircuitCity is selling) Thanx in advance!

They editted the date, buy some people got the PDF saved before they did. Originally, the date was until oct 4. Hereis one link to it, and here is another.

CC rebate on DirecTiVo

[/quote]They editted the date, buy some people got the PDF saved before they did. Originally, the date was until oct 4. Hereis one link to it, and here is another.[/quote]
YOU KICK ARSE! :!: I figured CC must have changed something, but could not find the old-dated rebate. I'm heading to ShortcutCity today!!!

The 522 may give you a lot of hard drive space with two tv outs but at least you can upgrade the hard drive in a Tivo. One could sell their DVR in the future as a source of some of the money in upgrading to a new DVR instead of paying a difference for a new hard drive to put into the receiver.

The price compared with the 721 vs. 522 you are saving $100, enough for 20 months (nearly 2 years worth) of DVR fees. You are also saving on DVR fees on the 721 but you are saving on an additional outlet fee on the 522.

I'll be getting a 522 for sure... I am ditching a 2nd receiver (model 5000, sell on Ebay) and an Dishplayer (model 7200, sell on Ebay). Since I'm paying a 2nd reciver fee AND $9.99/mo. Dishplayer fee, even with the $4.99 DVOD fee (I have AT150) I'll still be 10 bucks ahead per month.

At my house, the second receiver is a 'TV only' (no VCRs, etc.) and is seldom used, so it seems to me that a 522 would work well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts