At-9 Dish Self Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

takoulis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Near Chicago.
I recently installed a AT-9 dish for the first time using my Bird Dog meter, but i noticed when using the signal meter on the H-20 HDTV receiever satellite signal strengths are considerably lower when compared to my standard D-11 standard definition receiver i get 80-90 and H-20 50-60 is there a problem with the signal strength on the H-20'S?:)

I recently installed a AT-9 dish for the first time using my Bird Dog meter, but i noticed when using the signal meter on the H-20 HDTV receiever satellite signal strengths are considerably lower when compared to my standard D-11 standard definition receiver i get 80-90 and H-20 50-60 is there a problem with the signal strength on the H-20'S?:)

It's perfectly normal. The signal strengths on the H20 and HR20 are lower than on other receivers.

It's perfectly normal. The signal strengths on the H20 and HR20 are lower than on other receivers.

I can't speak for H20-600s (I find very few still working in customer's homes and they're not installed much anymore)- as for H20-100s it is normal to have the signal 10-15 points lower than a normal receiver. There is some internal attenuation being done to the KU-band portion of the satellite signal. The KA-band displays signal strengths as normal.

The HR20 shows 'normal' signal strengths. At my test bench at work- comparing an HR10-250 to an HR20- the Tivo shows 88% on xp 1 101 and my HR20 shows 89%.

I'm not sure what the patch on the H20-600 did but, FWIW, as of 3-4 weeks ago I still saw the reduced signal strengths on the last H20-600 I saw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)