AT-9 install ... Baltimore

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phran

Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Getting the AT-9 dish in Baltimore on Friday. I'm a little nervous, given some of
the horror stories I've heard. Can't recall any of the bad stories being from this area though.

Anyone in the Baltimore area care to list the contractor that installed their AT-9 and whether it was a good or bad install??

Thanks

phran said:
Getting the AT-9 dish in Baltimore on Friday. I'm a little nervous, given some of
the horror stories I've heard. Can't recall any of the bad stories being from this area though.

Anyone in the Baltimore area care to list the contractor that installed their AT-9 and whether it was a good or bad install??

Thanks

Haven't had even one problem here. In fact, I've been overly impressed with every installer that's come out (I've had them come three times for different changes, installs, and whatnot). Can't remember the contractor group though.
Hey, let me know if you get pixelation on the MPEG 4 channels. I mean one half of the screen pixelating for a second every 3-5 minutes. Not the worst, but definitely noticeable and worse than OTA.

Finally got the AT-9 installed on Tuesday. The first installer that came out (obviously very new), said that I wouldn't be able to get any signals if I couldn't get 119. A supervisor came out a couple days later and verified that I was OK for 99,101,103. Overall I was pleased with the installers.

1 question though, are they supposed to take the old dish off the roof when they
install the new one? The installer said it was my responsibility.

By the way, the HD channels on the dish look real good, haven't noticed any pixelation yet....

phran said:
1 question though, are they supposed to take the old dish off the roof when they install the new one? The installer said it was my responsibility.

I have heard varying accounts; I personally will like to keep mine in the garage as a backup just in case;, and I would call a professional roofer maybe to remove it so the most knowledgeable roof leak person would be doing the work and would have all the tools and materials on-hand.

Last edited:
I had an install in Baltimore Very Very Bad experience. Call Action Antenna.
There is a company D** sends out the name starts with an M I can't think of the name but there isn't a person in the company with more brain power than a chimp. Includeing the supervisors. Anyway hope you have better luck than I did!

bigpro said:
Haven't had even one problem here. In fact, I've been overly impressed with every installer that's come out (I've had them come three times for different changes, installs, and whatnot). Can't remember the contractor group though.
Hey, let me know if you get pixelation on the MPEG 4 channels. I mean one half of the screen pixelating for a second every 3-5 minutes. Not the worst, but definitely noticeable and worse than OTA.

I have no problem with pixelation at all.Had it installed in February and had no problem you might need to adjust your sat dish. But not really sure.

I have just had an absolute nightmare of an experience with MASTech in the Baltimore area. I am guessing this is the company to whom posstefmikala is referring. They were out 2 times last week trying to install the new AT9 dish, with no success. The installer was an absolute moron, and his supervisor wasn't much better.

I have asked DirecTV for a different installation company, but they have told me that is the only one they can send...

I decided to have a go at it myself. I was convinced that they (MASTech) had not properly aligned the dish. We were receiving all channels except the local HD, which DTV confirmed are available to us. Anyway, I started a new thread looking for some guidance...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=631743#post631743

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts