AT-9 Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steelcitymania

Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
Last weekend, I purchased a Sony Grand Wega(KDF-E42A10) to go in my bedroom. I have an installation for a H20 and an AT-9 dish in the morning. The tv and receiver are replacing older models that were being used. I also have a HDTivo and a R15 that will continue to be used in other rooms. With all of three rooms already wired for Directv, how long will it take to have the AT-9 dish installed? Will I need to use different cables running from the satellite dish to the receivers because of the AT-9 using the Ka and Ku band?

steelcitymania said:
Last weekend, I purchased a Sony Grand Wega(KDF-E42A10) to go in my bedroom. I have an installation for a H20 and an AT-9 dish in the morning. The tv and receiver are replacing older models that were being used. I also have a HDTivo and a R15 that will continue to be used in other rooms. With all of three rooms already wired for Directv, how long will it take to have the AT-9 dish installed? Will I need to use different cables running from the satellite dish to the receivers because of the AT-9 using the Ka and Ku band?

h20 is 1 wire
hr10-250 is 2 wires
r15 is 1 wire

so 4 wires total.....just the same as you have now...shouldnt take the installer any longer than 1 hr to put up the dish. All your wires are fine as long as they are the RG6 that shouldve been ran for your first install.

opps.....mistype.....thats guys for the catch....

5 wires total...would require a 6 x 8 Multiswitch then.

head was spinning for work yesterday....lol....

I would diagree that the AT9 would only take an hour, it will take as long as it takes. Hopefully the same mounting location can be used but the mounting foot is larger and the satellite locations are not exactly the same so cut the installer some slack until he sees the situation he won't know how he is going to do the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)