H 20 heat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nedmt

Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
I had an H 20 installed yesterday and to me it is unusally hot for a consumer product. Uncomfortable to keep you hand on the top for more than 10 seconds or so. I stuck a meat thermometer on the top cover and measured 99 degrees F within 1 minute. Is this normal for the H 20?

Other than the heat, the locals in HD look great. I cannot tell any difference between the OTA signal and the MPEG 4 signal. The OTA demod appears to be excellent.

yea..mine gets hot too...i thought it was me too..but so far, the unit is rock solid..i have audio sync problems on one HD local..but other than that..happy with it..and the price was right.FREE

My H20 runs about that temp and it is not an issue. Be sure to give it lots of air and do not put a DVD player right under it!

I put my DVD player under so the vents on top of the H20 are clear. Is this a bad idea? Should I put the DVD player on top?

Mine is out in the open with plenty of air circulation and it's not that hot at all, barely warm to the touch.

QUOTE=nedmt]I had an H 20 installed yesterday and to me it is unusally hot for a consumer product. Uncomfortable to keep you hand on the top for more than 10 seconds or so. I stuck a meat thermometer on the top cover and measured 99 degrees F within 1 minute. Is this normal for the H 20?

Other than the heat, the locals in HD look great. I cannot tell any difference between the OTA signal and the MPEG 4 signal. The OTA demod appears to be excellent.[/QUOTE]

I moved the DVD to the bottom and put the big laserdisk between the DVD and the H20 so the heat from the H20 is caught in the Laserdisk.

The first H20 I had was incredibly hot. I took it back. The current one is warm, but no where near hot like the first one.

Same here...I have a H20. Unit is warm, not hot enough to burn or leave your hand for a minute. When I was having a constant reboot problem, the unit was getter hotter and then when the reboot problem went away, it went back to warm.

My H20 is definitely hot compared to the R15 and D11. Definitely above 98.6 body temp but probably under 120, usually electronics that run hot have a short service life so these maybe only good for 3 years but with the leases that is their problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)